Blue Abalone Snare Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
    Dang, Al. You're making it hard to reason out of it...

.............. that's my job!
    sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
      vintage gold sparkle is my favorite - classic and timeless
      Saw this at Fork's day before yesterday.

Even as a kid seeing a gold sparkle kit would stop me in my tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasty808 View Post
        Thanks dude! Why couldn't I find this info?(!)
        Here's the link for the Music City Custom snares with Reference Pure specs:
        http://pearldrum.com/products/snares...ustom/mcc-rfp/

...and regular Reference Pure snares http://pearldrum.com/products/snares/reference-pure/
        Derek Wolfford
        Marketing Department

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Wolfford View Post

Here's the link for the Music City Custom snares with Reference Pure specs:
          http://pearldrum.com/products/snares...ustom/mcc-rfp/

...and regular Reference Pure snares http://pearldrum.com/products/snares/reference-pure/
          Thanks for posting the links. The specs shown for both versions say Mastercast hoops but the pictures show Fat Tone, which I assume is correct. You might want to fix whichever is a little off.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Derek! Looks like I just needed to look under "Snares" instead of "Reference"... lol, duh.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
              .............. that's my job!
              Available from Canadian dealers?

14-day turn around time in Canada too?

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                Available from Canadian dealers?

14-day turn around time in Canada too?
                You can probably order through a U.S. based dealer but I don't think the two week turnaround would apply going to Canada. But you'd still get it fairly quick just can't promise 14 business days because of customs etc...
                sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Wolfford View Post
                  This 14x6.5 Music City Custom Snare Drum will be leaving our Custom Shop today!

#418 Blue Abalone
                  Reference shell specs
                  20-ply (14 Maple + 6 birch)

That really is nice looking - the chrome and that vivid blue go really well together.

Question on the shell you posted: that doesn't look like the usual scarf joint we've come to know from Pearl - has manufacturing changed?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	butt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	5201189

Comment

Originally posted by opus138 View Post
                    That really is nice looking - the chrome and that vivid blue go really well together.

Question on the shell you posted: that doesn't look like the usual scarf joint we've come to know from Pearl - has manufacturing changed?
                    Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology system and proprietary overlapping scarf joints are a unique part of what gives Pearl drums their unique tonal properties. Though the butt-seam you saw in the center plys of this particular Reference Series 20-ply Maple drum are not commonly found in standard Pearl drums, there are occasions where –specifically in a core ply panel of the 20-ply Maple- a 2-ply panel is configured with a perfectly-matched butt-seam to increase rigidity in the panels surrounding it during the molding process.

This is by no means a defect and adheres to our strict quality guidelines for the SST process for Reference Snare Drums. We hope you will take the opportunity to experience these drums for yourself and thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Packard View Post
                      Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology system and proprietary overlapping scarf joints are a unique part of what gives Pearl drums their unique tonal properties. Though the butt-seam you saw in the center plys of this particular Reference Series 20-ply Maple drum are not commonly found in standard Pearl drums, there are occasions where –specifically in a core ply panel of the 20-ply Maple- a 2-ply panel is configured with a perfectly-matched butt-seam to increase rigidity in the panels surrounding it during the molding process.

This is by no means a defect and adheres to our strict quality guidelines for the SST process for Reference Snare Drums. We hope you will take the opportunity to experience these drums for yourself and thank you for your attention to this matter.
                      Thanks for the explanation, Kevin - I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                      X