Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande [Drum Cover] (new song)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande [Drum Cover] (new song)

Comments Please =)

I know this kind of cover is designed for overplaying, but I thought there was too much going on at the end that caused your time to slip. I'm guilty of this myself, but timing and musical appropriateness are super important

I try and imagine I'm playing a cover of the song live with a band, tends to stop me doing these massive crazy fills so much
    My band plays fast music.

Comment

Originally posted by TomDrummer View Post
      I know this kind of cover is designed for overplaying, but I thought there was too much going on at the end that caused your time to slip. I'm guilty of this myself, but timing and musical appropriateness are super important

I try and imagine I'm playing a cover of the song live with a band, tends to stop me doing these massive crazy fills so much
      Absolutely, I do tend to go off on the deep end and then I throw myself out of time. ..but I had fun. It was also the second time I listened to the song also

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRella View Post
        It was also the second time I listened to the song also
        I don't understand why you would post it, then.
        Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Two covers I've heard, two covers you go out of time in... This will be the last. The mixes are improving, but you will still need some monitors to mix on, your highs are still too present, but I think it is because when you are mixing you are trying to re-enforce the spot mics (toms, snare, kick) with the overheads, instead of re-enforcing the overheads with spot mics.
          -=Gord=-

Need some Microphone info?

Comment

Hit the drums harder!!
            Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

Urgh. Your timing needs work. You're trying to show off but its just coming out as being sloppy. That song makes me want to drown myself too.

Comment

Working...
              X