Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s an affordable, decent option for a drum recording interface for filming video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s an affordable, decent option for a drum recording interface for filming video?

So, the time has come to start to start recording/filming drum covers. I have several cameras I can use, a large enough basement, a MacBook with iMovie and a decent kit, plus I have a pack of drum mics I purchased a few years back. However, as I just moved into a new home, money’s a bit tight when it comes to whatever else I might need to get an acceptable drum sound when I record my videos. I’m aware I’ll need some sort of an interface so as to run the mics into the computer, and right now I’m using a five-piece kit (kick, snare and three toms, although I could use two toms if need be) with two cymbals (crash and ride) along with hi-hats (obviously). What’s an affordable, decent option when it comes to the interface I’ll need?
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?
    - Jack Handey (aka Jack Handy)

Do you have a mixer right now? What kind of money budget do you have?
    -=Gord=-

Need some Microphone info?

Comment

Originally posted by favabean1982 View Post
      So, the time has come to start to start recording/filming drum covers. I have several cameras I can use, a large enough basement, a MacBook with iMovie and a decent kit, plus I have a pack of drum mics I purchased a few years back. However, as I just moved into a new home, money’s a bit tight when it comes to whatever else I might need to get an acceptable drum sound when I record my videos. I’m aware I’ll need some sort of an interface so as to run the mics into the computer, and right now I’m using a five-piece kit (kick, snare and three toms, although I could use two toms if need be) with two cymbals (crash and ride) along with hi-hats (obviously). What’s an affordable, decent option when it comes to the interface I’ll need?
      Keep in mind you will also need cables, stands/clips, and some kind of recording software. I think it would be in your best interest to span out all these purchases instead of just getting all the cheapest equipment at once to save money. Honestly, you shouldn't even need a mixer. I'd save up for an 8 input interface with preamps

Comment

Originally posted by iDanSpicer View Post
        Keep in mind you will also need cables, stands/clips, and some kind of recording software. I think it would be in your best interest to span out all these purchases instead of just getting all the cheapest equipment at once to save money. Honestly, you shouldn't even need a mixer. I'd save up for an 8 input interface with preamps
        When looking for something to get you started, on a budget, you look at the gear you have. If you already have a mixer, you can get a 2 input interface that will 'get your feet wet' for the same price as eating out at a fancy restaurant. It's always important to know what you have first and how much money you have to spend then just throwing out a random recommendation.
        -=Gord=-

Need some Microphone info?

Comment

Working...
        X