Hybrid drumsets, Ableton, one man band, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid drumsets, Ableton, one man band, etc

I know there are a lot of people on here using hybrid kits, drum pads (Roland & Yamaha kits), etc...

I recently bought a Roland SPD-SX and a KD-9. I've already programmed some user kits and hooked it up to Ableton. Lately I'm a little busy at work so I can't use it so much.

I plan on getting at least 2 more pads and a bar trigger (for changing scenes in Ableton. I usually just make electronic music the standard way with Maschine and some other midi controllers.

Post your videos or Soundclouds if you're working on some hybrid or live electronic stuff. I'd like to see what other people are doing and get some ideas. I'm interested in any genre!
    Attached Files
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

Roland has a new triggering system coming out that will trigger for acoustic or electronic pads. I think it only accepts 2 triggers so you can trigger a kick and snare or a combination of Roland V-Drum pads. I'm looking into this option along with a SPD-SX and my TD-9. My ultimate goal is to integrate my TD-9 and Reference kits together, but I just don't have the space for it. That is a nice set up though for getting the creativity going. Kudos!
    Reference in Shimmer of Oz: 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 20x18, 14x6.5 matching snare, Omar Hakim Signature Snare 13x5. Paiste 2002s: 22" Ride, 18" Crash, 14" Sound Edge High Hats. Zildjian A-Custom 16" Crash. Pearl hardware, Roland TD-9

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
      Roland has a new triggering system coming out that will trigger for acoustic or electronic pads. I think it only accepts 2 triggers so you can trigger a kick and snare or a combination of Roland V-Drum pads. I'm looking into this option along with a SPD-SX and my TD-9. My ultimate goal is to integrate my TD-9 and Reference kits together, but I just don't have the space for it. That is a nice set up though for getting the creativity going. Kudos!
      Almost correct.

I think you're talking about the Roland TM2. If so, this has 2 stereo trigger inputs meaning you can run 4 pads or triggers. Exactly the same as the SPDS-X

Comment

Originally posted by K_KЯaMeR View Post
        Almost correct.

I think you're talking about the Roland TM2. If so, this has 2 stereo trigger inputs meaning you can run 4 pads or triggers. Exactly the same as the SPDS-X
        http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1308/488

Just downloaded the brochure... The inputs are TRS, so they support dual-voice pads, but only two at a time. Bummer.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuiUQDUP3Cc

Never mind! This guy said you can split the inputs to have four pads. Very cool!
        Last edited by MilesAway; 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM.
        "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah the SX only has 2 inputs but you can split them. This is my current set up!
          Attached Files
          Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
          cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

Comment

Please be sure to post as soon as soon as you have a recording ready! I'm incredibly anxious and excited to hear what you're putting together

Comment

Originally posted by 12metalworX4 View Post
              Please be sure to post as soon as soon as you have a recording ready! I'm incredibly anxious and excited to hear what you're putting together
              COOL! It'll be a while but I hope it'll be something cool. Now I'm doing lots of sound design and trying to build kits.

Its a good thing that this is at work and I can't take it home. Keeps me from just jamming on it.

Comment

Bumping with an updated set up!

Here's a small iPhone video I did to talk about it a little.

http://youtu.be/mohGOGGOUw8
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X