List of Mimic Compatible Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Mimic Compatible Pads

I've searched the Pearl website, this forum and others but haven't found a list of Mimic compatible pads. It's not in the manual nor is there an Appendix to the manual that shows what pads are in the Mimic's pad selection menu. That's a problem. There's a guy selling a Drum-tec 14" snare on Reverb.com right now because the drum 100% compatible with Roland but won't work with the Mimic. So he ordered and waited for a shipment from Germany to arrive only to find out it won't work.

Pearl, we get it the list is ever changing so it's never current more than a day. However, not having a list and saying "compatible with most pads" isn't getting it done. At a minimum, print the pad assignment menu from the Mimic and put a PDF up on your website.

Anybody seen a list like this so I'm not buying stuff that is incompatible?

Thanks for any help.

List of compatible pads

Originally posted by 510man View Post
    I've searched the Pearl website, this forum and others but haven't found a list of Mimic compatible pads. It's not in the manual nor is there an Appendix to the manual that shows what pads are in the Mimic's pad selection menu. That's a problem. There's a guy selling a Drum-tec 14" snare on Reverb.com right now because the drum 100% compatible with Roland but won't work with the Mimic. So he ordered and waited for a shipment from Germany to arrive only to find out it won't work.

Pearl, we get it the list is ever changing so it's never current more than a day. However, not having a list and saying "compatible with most pads" isn't getting it done. At a minimum, print the pad assignment menu from the Mimic and put a PDF up on your website.

Anybody seen a list like this so I'm not buying stuff that is incompatible?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Unless the Pad Tec pad has a USB styled cable, there shouldn't be an issue with the Mimic.

Do you already own a Mimic Pro ?

Pad Tec does videos with the Mimc and everything works perfectly.

Did you contact them about it ?

Any, we can work on a list of triggers to publish this week.
    Bob Sabellico - Product Manager - Pearl Electronic Percussion Division

Comment

Hi, Bob. Thanks for the reply.

There is "should" and there is "reality". Drumtec says their pad works with the Mimic and they don't make a Roland only compatible drum and an everything else drum. If anything, Yamaha is generally more proprietary than Roland. The point was I didn't want to spend the bucks, wait a month or better for a shipment form Germany, and then have something does not work. I then get to sell it as used and take the hit.

That said, I ask again, why can't Pearl at least publish a PDF of the pad choices in the Mimic pad menu? Seems simply to do and is far better than "compatible with most pads". At least it's a list of known things that work.

My Mimic is in transit now. Seems the was (is?) a supply and demand problem so about a 30 day delay for me.

Comment

Working...
      X