Sapphire Fade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Fade?

I love the new emerald fade finish for the Masters line. Has anyone ordered a Masterworks in a sapphire fade? Can someone work their PhotoShop magic and show me what it might look like?

Again, it would be sapphire blue, not marine blue:

Last edited by Clintus; 02-20-2003, 01:02 PM.

Sorry for the ignorance... Why doesn't the image appear as an image attachement rather than a link? I thought that as long as the [img] code was utilized it would post the actual image?

Comment

Originally posted by Clintus
      Sorry for the ignorance... Why doesn't the image appear as an image attachement rather than a link? I thought that as long as the [img] code was utilized it would post the actual image?
      The IMG only points to a webite URL. To attach an image, use the Attach file address and Browse to your file. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by drumwerker

The IMG only points to a webite URL. To attach an image, use the Attach file address and Browse to your file. Hope that helps.
        Thanks!

Comment

Here's a sapphire fade snare...

Comment

Is that an actual finish, or did you create it? It's really nice, but I had imagined a true sapphire, which would be a lot darker (much like a royal blue). I think I've seen something close on someone's signature around here, but it was a deep blue burst over a tamo veneer Masterworks snare.

Comment

I was hoping to see it in a darker blue example - sapphires are a dark navy color.

Comment

Originally posted by Clintus
                Is that an actual finish, or did you create it? It's really nice, but I had imagined a true sapphire, which would be a lot darker (much like a royal blue). I think I've seen something close on someone's signature around here, but it was a deep blue burst over a tamo veneer Masterworks snare.
                no. Carl posted it under the name "sapphire fade". I din't make it up or anything. That is really an existing color and this is what it looks like.

Comment

I think the avatar you remember might be one of Drum313s photoshop creations (it could also be someone else's - apologies if it is!) - I vaguely remember a thread discussing the blue burst/blue fade business a while back - try searching under those terms....
                  Whichever, Pearl should be able to pull it off for a MW....
                  2002 Pearl ELX in Cobalt Mist 10"x8", 12"x10", 13"x11", 16"x16", 22"x16", 14"x5.5"
                  Sabian cymbals: HHX 16" Ozone; Sig. 10" Glennie's Garbage; AAX 6" splash; AA El Sabor Salsa 13" Splash; Pro Sonix 14" hats, 20" ride, 14" & 16" crashes & 16" china; Pro 14" mini china & 12" china splash

Comment

Originally posted by Nez
                    I think the avatar you remember might be one of Drum313s photoshop creations (it could also be someone else's - apologies if it is!) - I vaguely remember a thread discussing the blue burst/blue fade business a while back - try searching under those terms....
                    Whichever, Pearl should be able to pull it off for a MW....
                    I think you're right... Drum313 was the one.

Comment

Here's a sapphire fade snare...
                      Oh. my. goodness. I love that color....that is the nicest color I have ever seen...if it was just a few shades darker though...but still, wow.

Comment

here's the Blue Burst Masterworks, over Tamo . .
                        .:: energy ::.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredzs
                          here's the Blue Burst Masterworks, over Tamo . .
                          Now THAT'S what I'd call sapphire! I'd love to see that finish in a fade, or in place of the emerald green pic above.

Comment

Working...
                          X