I've been here long enough and have debated this before...MW order in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Might as well get an 18 and a gong drum right away, too...
    Yes. You have to do exactly this. Atleast get a gong drum haha.
    Pearl Masters BRP 165 Diamond Burst
    Pearl Reference Twilight Fade 14x5.5 Snare
    Sabian AAX HH HHX
    Pro-Mark Evans Remo Apple Shure

sigpic

Comment

• Coming back to this thread to say how awesome this kit looks. Can we hear the story that almost ended in a disaster now?
      Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

• Originally posted by j kuhl View Post
        Hahaha. I pulled the trigger on the 8" ! Totally forgot my buddy Dan Grabski, formerly of Dale's Drum Shop, opened his own store. Daytona Drum Shop. Dan has been the most helpful sales person I've ever worked with. So happy to have remembered about his shop. You probably know Dan too Chris. He's going to handle the mw order and is likely going to put together a paiste order for me too.

Having covid has put a pause on my plan to move the kit upstairs for now. My energy is just really low. But as soon as my energy levels return, I'll move the kit and start a new thread with hopefully much better pictures. Time to wait 7-8 months for the 8 now!
        Dan is the best. I bought drum gear from him once or twice (ok, dozens of times) when he was at Dale’s. Agree that he was the most helpful sales person — the best. I’m thrilled to hear that his shop is thriving. I had planned to stop by his shop last month when I visited Florida, but my plans changed at the eleventh hour. Is he a Pearl dealer? Haven’t noticed many Pearl drums pass through his new shop.
        Guru Tour padauk segmented
        Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
        Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
        Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
        Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

Comment

• Originally posted by steadypocket View Post
          Dan is the best. I bought drum gear from him once or twice (ok, dozens of times) when he was at Dale’s. Agree that he was the most helpful sales person — the best. I’m thrilled to hear that his shop is thriving. I had planned to stop by his shop last month when I visited Florida, but my plans changed at the eleventh hour. Is he a Pearl dealer? Haven’t noticed many Pearl drums pass through his new shop.
          No doubt man. Dan is awesome. He's really into gear, has a ton of knowledge and has been the best sales person I've worked with. When he was at Dale's I bought a few kits and he was always willing to go the extra mile for me to make it a really great experience. So glad I remembered he had a shop.

Oh and yes Dan is a Pearl dealer. He's handling my 8x?
          Last edited by j kuhl; 01-06-2022, 06:17 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
            Coming back to this thread to say how awesome this kit looks. Can we hear the story that almost ended in a disaster now?
            In due time I promise. It's not that exciting, just try to forget about it and then maybe it'll be a good story when I tell it hahaha. In the meantime and since I'm in covid iso thanks to omicron and since I can't play this kit with people for them to hear for themselves, I made a really short cell video. Zero muffling in this kick and I feel like even with this crappy mic, that you can still hear how sweet this little 20x14 is. It's my new favorite. It's super cute too haha. This and the 22" PHX are the best kicks I've ever played.

https://youtu.be/UtB8KRAKFCc
            sigpic

Comment

In due time I promise. It's not that exciting, just try to forget about it and then maybe it'll be a good story when I tell it hahaha. In the meantime and since I'm in covid iso thanks to omicron and since I can't play this kit with people for them to hear for themselves, I made a really short cell video. Zero muffling in this kick and I feel like even with this crappy mic, that you can still hear how sweet this little 20x14 is. It's my new favorite. It's super cute too haha. This and the 22" PHX are the best kicks I've ever played.

https://youtu.be/UtB8KRAKFCc
              Haha I get it man! Hopefully you're feeling better soon, a few friends of mine have come down with it lately but they're back to 100% now, as I'm sure you will be. For what it's worth, the kit sounds fantastic in that clip and it's great that you have some nice new drums to keep you some company in the interim. Are you still liking your Summit drums? I ended up not pulling the trigger on a drum because of money limitations and I keep seeing a lot of his work around the internet, which looks and sounds amazing. You've got a great little collection going on right now!
              Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

• Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
                Haha I get it man! Hopefully you're feeling better soon, a few friends of mine have come down with it lately but they're back to 100% now, as I'm sure you will be. For what it's worth, the kit sounds fantastic in that clip and it's great that you have some nice new drums to keep you some company in the interim. Are you still liking your Summit drums? I ended up not pulling the trigger on a drum because of money limitations and I keep seeing a lot of his work around the internet, which looks and sounds amazing. You've got a great little collection going on right now!
                Thanks Mitch. Yeah, the Summit stuff is really good. I actually gave my snare to my best friend as a thank you shortly after my Dad passed this last last September. It's in great hands and I get to see it whenever I want (except now because of covid). I'll get another but Gary's super booked up right now. i already have hoops, strainer and butt. Just need lugs and tension rods. Highly recommend his shells, they're awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

• I think i have enough energy to tune this kit finally. Staring with the kick. I'm gonna throw a kickport on this little guy and also try the internal muffling pillow Pearl sent. Figured I'd grab a few pics too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220110_150828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	5218516

Name:	20220110_150944.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	5218517

Name:	20220110_151136.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5218518

Name:	20220110_151205.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5218519
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh fuq that comes alive in the sun! Hawt damme!

Comment

I think i have enough energy to tune this kit finally. Staring with the kick. I'm gonna throw a kickport on this little guy and also try the internal muffling pillow Pearl sent. Figured I'd grab a few pics too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522602[/ATTACH]
                      WOOOOOOW!!!

That really glows in the sun. Looks amazing buddy. Bubinga figuring is gorgeous too.

Il need to take my drums outside at some point.... Shame its mid winter in Scotland, so skies are grey, will have to wait until summer haha.
                      Pearl Masters BRP 165 Diamond Burst
                      Pearl Reference Twilight Fade 14x5.5 Snare
                      Sabian AAX HH HHX
                      Pro-Mark Evans Remo Apple Shure

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                        Oh fuq that comes alive in the sun! Hawt damme!
                        Thank you man hahaha. I need to bust out the dslr. It's really hard to capture this finish in a photo. Really hard.

Installed the internal Pearl pillow, the kickport and gave it a tuning. This thing sounds even better. I do enjoy an open and lively kick but this one doesn't suffer at all with a little dampening and a port. Lots of tone in this shell for sure. Love these drums!

Name:	20220110_152118.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	5218521

Name:	20220110_152126.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	5218522

Name:	20220110_163121.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	5218523

Name:	20220110_164837.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	5218524
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogie... View Post
                          WOOOOOOW!!!

That really glows in the sun. Looks amazing buddy. Bubinga figuring is gorgeous too.

Il need to take my drums outside at some point.... Shame its mid winter in Scotland, so skies are grey, will have to wait until summer haha.
                          Haha thank you! These photos are too saturated and punchy. As you probably know, the finish is much more subtle and a cooler temp in real life.

Speaking of cooler Temps. It is going to be like 16°F (-8.8°C) here tomorrow. Get em out there hahaha. It was below freezing when I took the kick out today.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X