Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 2015 Masterworks - Blue Sparkle Burst with Halo Flakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit is still looking great! I can't remember, did you order those concert toms on the original order or got them later?

Like the setup, but have you considered removing the front bar from the rack? Should be possible with some creative solutions.
    Masterworks Finish Ideas Thread

Masterworks Finish Ideas Album

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver View Post
      Kit is still looking great! I can't remember, did you order those concert toms on the original order or got them later?

Like the setup, but have you considered removing the front bar from the rack? Should be possible with some creative solutions.
      The concert toms were ordered after the fact, as was the matching 12x5 snare. Maybe 2-3 years after I initially received the kit.

And yes, I have long considered removing the front bar to try and achieve what seems to be the trendy "stealth" rack look. However, it would require more hardware and adapters then I currently have, and some modifications to my current hardware and rack components. I guess I just haven't found the ambition to go through the trouble of doing it. Plus, I feel like I've gotten my setup to the most comfortable point that it has ever been, and I hate having to reinvent the wheel and start from scratch again. Because if I were to convert the rack setup, believe it or not, every single thing would have to move and get repositioned, since all of the horizontal and vertical rack bars would have to move in the process. Not that I like to keep things stagnant, but I like where everything is at currently. Maybe one day though

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MWRushR40 View Post
        And yes, I have long considered removing the front bar to try and achieve what seems to be the trendy "stealth" rack look. However, it would require more hardware and adapters then I currently have, and some modifications to my current hardware and rack components. I guess I just haven't found the ambition to go through the trouble of doing it. Plus, I feel like I've gotten my setup to the most comfortable point that it has ever been, and I hate having to reinvent the wheel and start from scratch again. Because if I were to convert the rack setup, believe it or not, every single thing would have to move and get repositioned, since all of the horizontal and vertical rack bars would have to move in the process. Not that I like to keep things stagnant, but I like where everything is at currently. Maybe one day though
        I agree it is somewhat 'trendy' to not have a front rack-bar any more, but I like the idea behind it: to show off more of the drums, which in the case of your MW's isn't such a bad thing

But I understand your reasoning, why mess up a good thing. But it's fun to think about.
        Masterworks Finish Ideas Thread

Masterworks Finish Ideas Album

Comment

• Beautiful finish! Amazing drum kit!!
          Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst - Black Chrome Hardware
          Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
          DW Collectors Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass Glitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Masterworks View Post
            Beautiful finish! Amazing drum kit!!
            Agreed, this is one the best MW finishes to date.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X