No announcement yet.

New Masterworks snare arrived today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Masterworks snare arrived today!!!

if my drug is drums! Wow lameness!

Many thanks to pearl as a company, and everyone at pearl for making the best snare I've ever heard!
    thanks to pdf as a whole, you guys (you know who you are) helped out with annoying poles and ****
    thanks to Andy!
    and also thanks to AL! he helped me when i had an issue with erikson, and also helped me get my order changed to a Lava Finish.
    thanks to Tom as well!

anyways after a long wait, finally here... some lower quality pictures, but there will be better pictures coming (hopefully) tomorrow. Pics were taken with my phone. Also there was bad lighting. Pictures due no justice to the tom nor the snare. enjoy!

Specs:
    Lave Finish with black chrome
    8X14FF 20 ply reference spec'd
    sr-1000 strainer
    Golden Ratio
    Diecast hoops.
    am I missing anything?
    I am thinking about putting some Blaster on it, and maybe an emperor head. (thoughts?)

One with a masters tom

comments and questions are defiantly welcome!

PD
    Last edited by premiumdrummer; 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM.

SKB|Remo|KickPort|Pearl|Zildjian|Vater|LP
    Masterworks Snare, 8X14ff 20 ply!
    Masters Premium BRP
    VP Snare
    Zildjian

Amazing---is that the so-called lava finish?? I love it---very unique. Congratulations

Specs if you would please.
    sigpic
    Pearl Masters Premium BRP UPDATED
    Masters Studio MBX Make Over-Emerald Mist
    The Masters Army

Comment

That snare looks FANTASTIC! The finish is one of the neatest looking finishes around. Nice selection! Enjoy it.
      Pearl MW/Ref Wine Red with Gold Hardware 18x22 (x2), 16x16, 14x14, 8x12, 8x10, 8x8, 7x6, 5.5x14 snare
      Masterworks: 14x5.5 snare, 6x7 rack tom Pictures post #1
      Reference: Pictures post#1,35,58,68,69
      Pics: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?u=92744
      WANTED: Gold Pearl Hardware. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jutt8 View Post
        Amazing---is that the so-called lava finish?? I love it---very unique. Congratulations

Specs if you would please.
        Originally posted by drummeric View Post
        That snare looks FANTASTIC! The finish is one of the neatest looking finishes around. Nice selection! Enjoy it.
        Thanks a lot! I will put the specs up in the original post! how did i ever forget aha? i was told it was farbe lave, but on the box it said just lava! so yes!

Masters Premium BRP
        VP Snare
        Zildjian

Comment

Wow, classy.
          sigpicTOOL

"There’s a strong correlation between this band’s name and the type of people who listen to their MC Escher butt rock. Hopefully it will be 10,000 more days before they release another album."

Comment

So you did get yours ahead of me! Well I'm glad, you've been waiting too long and you deserve it. Mine should have been here today as it was shipped two business days from San Jose Pro Drums but alas, UPS has come and gone so it should be here tomorrow.

That is a beautiful piece of art you have there and the finish is amazing! Best of luck with it and I hope it sings to you.

I also love the case and was thinking of a hard case for mine as well. I don't do any gigging but I want a good case to protect it when not in use. How is that particular case? Give me the pros and cons as compared to a soft case.

Again, have fun with it and I am really happy that you got yours first. The people at Pearl USA are all amazing!
            "Ever come across somebody you shouldn't have messed with...Well that person is me"

Comment

It looks awesome brother!! I've been thinking latley of ordering a masterworks snare.... But picking a color would be the hardest since the sky is the limit
              Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
              Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, View Post
                Wow, classy.
                Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by STAR 4 View Post
                So you did get yours ahead of me! Well I'm glad, you've been waiting too long and you deserve it. Mine should have been here today as it was shipped two business days from San Jose Pro Drums but alas, UPS has come and gone so it should be here tomorrow.

That is a beautiful piece of art you have there and the finish is amazing! Best of luck with it and I hope it sings to you.

I also love the case and was thinking of a hard case for mine as well. I don't do any gigging but I want a good case to protect it when not in use. How is that particular case? Give me the pros and cons as compared to a soft case.

Again, have fun with it and I am really happy that you got yours first. The people at Pearl USA are all amazing!
                Thanks a lot,
                I got an e-mail this morning and between classes i had to go pick it up. The whole store stood around as i opened, tuned, and played it. Hopefully yours will be in tomorrow, and pictures will be up I can't wait to see it!
                So far this snare is a dream, tuned low, so much body, up high, so much crack. Rimshots make your heart skip a beat. And it is surprisingly sensitive!

For the case. It's great, I used it when i gig as well. It has a great warranty (lifetime) and if anything is damaged in the case they will replace it (apparently). It's padded really well on the inside, and the drum fits pretty snug. Also they have a good name backed behind it which is just a little comforting. I've never used a bag before because my band helps me carry my drums, and them nor I, are the most.. graceful people. I do know that my VP snare was dropped down a flight of stares, and the drum wasn't even so much out of tune, scratched, or anything. So that makes me trust the cases very well.. The cons to bags is that they will probably take up more space. If you're not moving them much, and they are only for storage, hard cases are probably not really that necessary.

Thanks a lot man,
                and again, can't wait to see yours (hopefully tomorrow)!

Originally posted by slow95cobra View Post
                It looks awesome brother!! I've been thinking latley of ordering a masterworks snare.... But picking a color would be the hardest since the sky is the limit
                Thanks man,
                I am very happy I did. Picking a color is defiantly not easy. I actually had a copper fade type of color on this snare, but the wonderful people at pearl let me change my mind! I am so happy I did, the pictures as always don't do justice. Hopefully the pictures I get tomorrow will do at least, a little more justice. Is there any color you had in mind? At one point i was thinking of doing EF with microflakes in it! Think that would be pure sex!

Masters Premium BRP
                VP Snare
                Zildjian

Comment

I thought the pearl didn't make 14x8 Free floaters because of the hard ware?

Are they now offering it as an option?
                  Originally posted by dwdrummer1991
                  And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
                    I thought the pearl didn't make 14x8 Free floaters because of the hard ware?

Are they now offering it as an option?
                    I believe when i ordered it they told me they had little 8X14FF hardware left.. Not sure if it's true.

Masters Premium BRP
                    VP Snare
                    Zildjian

Comment

very very nice
                      Pearl Reference ScarletFade
                      Pearl Masterworks Green Sparkle
                      Ludwig Vistalite Smoke Grey
                      Yamaha Hip Gig White Marine Pearl
                      MY EBAY PAGE == DRUM STUFF INSIDE!

Comment

Spiffy snare ya got there !!!!!!! Enjoy !!!!!!!
                        Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                        22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Nice snare man! Must be a blast to play!
                          My Kit: Click Here!

Gretsch | Sabian | Zildjian | Pearl | Evans

Originally posted by |DxM| Malice
                          You wright and speak like a 9 year old.

Comment

that looks amazing man! is there an artisan ply under the finish, or is that how it is applied?
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats awesome, it goes SOOO well with the black hardware it really makes the lava part POP!
                              sigpic

2009 LE MHP Masters Mahogany

||10x8|12x9|14x11|16x16|22x18||

14 x 6.5 Cocobolo/Kauri Stanbridge Drum Co Snare

My One of Kind Engraved Black Beauty

My Vinnie Paul Makeover

Comment

Working...
                              X