Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters Premium Maple Redline Opinion needed please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Masters Premium Maple Redline Opinion needed please

    Hi all, I am toying with the idea of one of these to use as my main gigging kit. It's a Masters Premium Maple Redline which I know are quite rare. (Only one I have seen in the UK)
    The price that the seller is asking is £1,100 for a 22x18 Bass, 12x9 Tom & 16x16 floor in Black on Black. Have asked him for some more detailed pics & if there are any scuffs etc.
    Is this kit worth the asking price? Last Pearl I owned was a lovely MLX a few years ago.

    Some pics of the kit.

    s-l1600-3 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    s-l1600-4 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    s-l1600-5 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    s-l1600-6 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

  • #2
    Looks to a bit expensive, there's another MPM (not redline) asking £780 on the 'bay. Depends how much you want it and are prepared to pay for it. What else could you get for £1100?
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bodgit View Post
      Looks to a bit expensive, there's another MPM (not redline) asking £780 on the 'bay. Depends how much you want it and are prepared to pay for it. What else could you get for £1100?
      Yes, seen the other one but really dislike the finish. Can get the Redline down to 1k but am still thinking Hmmmmmmm. Has been for sale for a while also. I currently have a Saturn III as my gigging kit but am really in two minds about it all.
      Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
      Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
      Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
      Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have always Loooooved the redline series. Pull the trigger but try to knock him down some more! You only live once.
        Last edited by Snakes&Arrows; 04-08-2019, 01:04 PM. Reason: .
        Originally posted by dexplosion
        Boom stands are for sissies.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
          I have always Loooooved the redline series. Pull the trigger but try to knock him down some more! You only live once.
          have tried but he won't budge below 1k.
          Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
          Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
          Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
          Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

          Comment


          • #6
            Too bad about the price. These drums
            do not come up too often. Very cool.
            So sweet if you could pull it off.
            Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
            22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Too bad about the price. These drums
              do not come up too often. Very cool.
              So sweet if you could pull it off.
              I'm trying Working out a deal to part ex my Saturn III's
              Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
              Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
              Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
              Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't know anything about valuation in England, but it looks like a fun set to play. Get it!
                I have lots of drums...

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you do strike a deal you will love those drums. 4 years ago I found a Masters Premium 6pc used in perfect condition. The seller special ordered this kit . He also had a BRP same configuration in Ocean Blue sparkle. I got it for $1,350.00. I should have worn a mask because I felt like I stole it!:

                  Good Luck I hope you get it!
                  Attached Files
                  Wiscaansin!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
                    If you do strike a deal you will love those drums. 4 years ago I found a Masters Premium 6pc used in perfect condition. The seller special ordered this kit . He also had a BRP same configuration in Ocean Blue sparkle. I got it for $1,350.00. I should have worn a mask because I felt like I stole it!:

                    Good Luck I hope you get it!
                    Thank you. I will hopefully know later this morning Your kit looks fantastic
                    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
                    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
                    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
                    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks Kevauka, you won’t believe how awesome these drums are. It’s a shame they only made them for 2 years.
                      Wiscaansin!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
                        Thanks Kevauka, you won’t believe how awesome these drums are. It’s a shame they only made them for 2 years.
                        Got them
                        Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
                        Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
                        Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
                        Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice ! You were able to come to an agreement for the Redlines?
                          Originally posted by dexplosion
                          Boom stands are for sissies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Never knew they made Masters Redlines, I only knew about the Reference ones. For what it's worth my old MCX was probably the most musical set of drums I've ever owned, they tuned up very easily and were rock solid. Post some pics of them!
                            Black Lives Matter

                            Tama Starclassic Maple

                            Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
                              Never knew they made Masters Redlines, I only knew about the Reference ones. For what it's worth my old MCX was probably the most musical set of drums I've ever owned, they tuned up very easily and were rock solid. Post some pics of them!
                              Those Masters Redline kits were the 4 ply shells with rings. Amazing looking and sounding drums.
                              sigpic
                              Pearl Masters Premium BRP UPDATED
                              Masters Studio MBX Make Over-Emerald Mist
                              The Masters Army

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X