No announcement yet.

Solitary Glen's MCA Honey Burst Mappa Burl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved the Blue Beast, but the MCX is sweet too.

Comment

• I think you need to throw that ride over the bass drum now, right in the "sweet spot!" I am in the same boat as you, always had a 3 up 2 down kit or a 2 up 2 down kit and I'm now in transition, centering the rack toms on the snare and bringing the ride over on top of the bass drum instead of hanging over one of the floor toms. Beautiful kit!
      Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
      Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise
      Pearl Wood Fiberglass - 10, 13, 14, 16, 24 Satin Cocoa Burst
      sigpic

Comment

• I never tire of seeing honey burst mappa burl : )

I sure wish Pearl would offer mappa burl in the masterworks line. It's a veneer that just has tons going on in it. I love it!
        sigpic
        Pearl Masters Premium BRP UPDATED
        Masters Studio MBX Make Over-Emerald Mist
        The Masters Army

Comment

• Looks purdy. I echo HBG's comment about the big open space in the revised setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by solitary glen View Post
            I'm going to try this out for a little while. What do you guys think?
            The placement of a few things needs to be adjusted a bit but I think I like it.
            Not sure as to your build or style of music, so hard to say. I think the one thing I'd do immediately is reposition that foot...
            Last edited by Cheez_Whiz; 03-11-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
              I loved the Blue Beast, but the MCX is sweet too.
              Thanks Sean!

Originally posted by HBG1989 View Post
              I think you need to throw that ride over the bass drum now, right in the "sweet spot!" I am in the same boat as you, always had a 3 up 2 down kit or a 2 up 2 down kit and I'm now in transition, centering the rack toms on the snare and bringing the ride over on top of the bass drum instead of hanging over one of the floor toms. Beautiful kit!
              True. Go back a little and see my old blue BLX kit in this thread, just a few posts above, I'll be putting that ride right there. If you want to know what I am in to? Check my Youtube Channel.

Originally posted by Jutt8 View Post
              I never tire of seeing honey burst mappa burl : )

I sure wish Pearl would offer mappa burl in the masterworks line. It's a veneer that just has tons going on in it. I love it!
              Oh, me too. I really wish I had a 13" tom and another 22" kick. But that is just a dream.

As always, thanks for the kind words!
              See my kit here -
              Pearl Masters MCX-A Artisan Limited Honey Burst Mappa Burl

22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5 and a 14x6.5 FFS Brass Snare

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nik12 View Post
                Looks purdy. I echo HBG's comment about the big open space in the revised setup.
                It will happen.
                See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
                  Not sure as to your build or style of music, so hard to say. I think the one thing I'd do immediately is reposition that foot...
                  LOL

Yeah, the 4 year old crept into the shot!
                  See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

• A little video I forgot about. I was sound checking the kit just after getting all the mics set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQxhe6BFl4

This is a clip of the unfinished partial song.....wish I had the whole song...Please use earbuds or headphones or a real sound system if you have it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFm8TpOSPjc
                    See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

• How do you like your Pork Pie Biker style Throne? I bought my Pork Pie Gel used and I'm going to replace it really soon (this week). I'm torn between the Rock n Soc Hydraulic and the Pork Pie Gel with a back rest. I'm a big guy (320 lbs) and tired of back pain on my throne. As in;
                      "Oh my aching back." LOL!
                      sigpicPEARL DRUMS
                      MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
                      My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

• Originally posted by nova View Post
                        How do you like your Pork Pie Biker style Throne? I bought my Pork Pie Gel used and I'm going to replace it really soon (this week). I'm torn between the Rock n Soc Hydraulic and the Pork Pie Gel with a back rest. I'm a big guy (320 lbs) and tired of back pain on my throne. As in;
                        "Oh my aching back." LOL!
                        Yes, I love my Pork Pie biker throne.
                        See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

• Really like Fire Gang and you guys have a full warm sound! I loved your solo and noticed that you tune your drums higher than I do. Really sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
                          sigpicPEARL DRUMS
                          MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

• Love your singer too!
                            sigpicPEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

• Thank you nova! Too bad we disbanded.
                              See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

• Working on the set again......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160306_215348.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	5197802

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160306_215354.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	5197803
                                See my kit here -

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X