Back Home to Momma's Apple Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killerkick View Post
    Here are some starter pics. Been a busy week, and I have decided the 13X10 tom is not working for me so I'm going back to an 8, waiting on that.
    Thanks for all the "welcome backs".
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]506979[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]506980[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]506981[/ATTACH]
    Now you might want the 18" x 16" neuroblaster! It is quite a tom and adds new depth to the melodic sounds! Love your Kit! The Lacquer Vermillion Sparkle is quite different from the #407 Red Glass Glitter, which is a Delmar Wrap.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nova; 01-22-2018, 04:31 PM.
    sigpicPEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_193107.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	5210943
      Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
      8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
      PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

Comment

Name:	20180201_180530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	5210944

Comment

Beautiful kit! It looks like you're still having trouble positioning the 12" rack tom exactly where you want it. Why did you opt for that TH-88? The gear (teeth) makes positioning more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life;1854434958[COLOR="#DAA520"
            ]Beautiful kit! It looks like you're still having trouble positioning the 12" rack tom exactly where you want it. Why did you opt for that TH-88? The gear (teeth) makes positioning more difficult[/COLOR].
            Thank you. I know it's cliché, yet truly I can't achieve (or haven't yet!!) a pic that best represents this lacquer sparkle job of Pearls. I can't remember why I picked the TH88, maybe it was on sale. I had that old equivalent of the AX-25 laying around from the early 2000's that I am employing to hold the tom holder. It works for me. I really miss the Tama mounting system, I know the Pearl Optimounts can be used with other drums, how bout the Tama Starcast mounting system would they work with Pearl drums?

Comment

Kit looks great. Lovin those Paiste Sigs too.
              Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
              22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Thank you. I know it's cliché, yet truly I can't achieve (or haven't yet!!) a pic that best represents this lacquer sparkle job of Pearls. I can't remember why I picked the TH88, maybe it was on sale. I had that old equivalent of the AX-25 laying around from the early 2000's that I am employing to hold the tom holder. It works for me. I really miss the Tama mounting system, I know the Pearl Optimounts can be used with other drums, how bout the Tama Starcast mounting system would they work with Pearl drums?
                I don't think it's worth the effort/expense to try. You would need Tama Starcast diecast hoops with the special holes that accommodate the Statcast tom mounts. OR, they make (made) universal hoop grips (HPGP) that can be attached to hoops, but they may not be available, and they may not fit Pearl Superhoops, because Superhoops are thicker than standard Tama hoops.

Comment

Name:	66DE01B3-6B9A-4903-AF1D-655B72CE9461.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	5216620I’m looking at the stand legs and notice that they are open all the way, I guess that help stabilize the toms a lot.

Comment

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. It's been a while since I posted on the Forum. I sit here this morning in anxious anticipation because I have received a text from FedEx that my signature will be required for the delivery of my new kit. So I took the day off work and am nervous hoping all arrive in good condition. I haven't owned a Pearl kit since 2005. I used to frequent the Forum a lot back in the day under this moniker, and AL was kind enough to restore it, since my most recent handle was TamaTodd. And that wasn't gonna do with me coming back to the fold of "the best reason to play drums".
                    I bought my first professional Pearl kit around 1993, a red MLX, then an Amber Mist MMX in 1996, then a Diamond Burst MMX kit in early 2003. For some reason I went to Tama in 2005 with a Japanese made maple EFX (a wrap) in Red Silk, then a Tama Birch Bubinga in Indigo Sparkle in 2010. Then a Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Gold Rush Sparkle in 2014. So many different reasons I have traded drums through the years and a lot of regret about not keeping some of those kits, notably the Amber Mist MMX from 96'.
                    And here I sit today coming back home to Momma's apple pie as Calvin has said waiting on my Pearl Masters Complete in Vermillion Sparkle to be delivered. Tama's maple was good, the Birch/Bubinga was good, the Bubinga's were good, but I just wanted to come back home to maple and this kit was all the money I wanted to spend. Anyway hello to all, you seem like a good bunch of folks from what I've read trying to catch up.
                    My congratulations

Comment

I’m ready for the pearl reference which is nice so I have to say goodbye to my Masters maple complete

Comment

Working...
                      X