Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl Eliminator Dbl Pedal problem - Or me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Eliminator Dbl Pedal problem - Or me?

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced unusual problems with their Pearl Eliminator double pedal.

About two months ago, I purchased the Pearl Eliminator double Pedal and at first I really liked it. But, recently I seem to be having a problem getting it to respond fast enough to my footwork. (I'm no speed demon either).

Whenever I want to hit either the left or right pedal quickly right after a hit, my second hit seems weak. It's as if the pedal is about 3/4 of the way down and I only have about 1/4 of the pedal to do my second hit on the base drum. It doesn't seem to return fast enough, even though I've tightened the springs up to the max or made them very loose.

Has anyone else experienced this with this pedal? Is this inherent in this pedal or is it me?

Also, I cannot seem to get the pedal mallet to keep from hitting me on the top of my foot when it comes back. I've tightened the spring tension and adjusted the length of the hitter but it still seems to hit the bridge of my foot on it's rebound. I've also adjusted the angle of the mallet as well. Any suggestions?

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Tama Iron Cobra double pedal and selling my Pearl.

Has anyone else sold their Pearl and gotten another pedal? Is so, what did you replace it with?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    DennisT

i like my double kick!

When i first started off with my eliminator it was really nice. The chain broke about 3 months of use and it took about 2/3rds of the year to get a replacement. I use the white cam on the left foot and the red on the right foot, I had the springs to there max tention just because that how i like to play. I recently loosend the springs and it seem not too bad. Im just trying new things.
    I find the kick respons nicely with speed. And thats with a white cam on with the red and the white cam has a slower action. When i play the double I find the second hit is weaker as well but i found with practice I could make them more and more even in sound. So I dont really think it is the kicks problem.
    I have never had the problem with the hammers hitting my feet. I keep my toes on the kick all the time. I also have the hammers about 3.5" away from the bass head.
    I think you should keep your kick and get the feel for it with lots of practice. I dont think a diffrent kick will give more options as the eliminator.

Comment

When I first got my Eliminator, I loved it. After about a month or so I couldnt get the response I wanted. I tried different cams, tensioning on the springs, and beater position. I wasnt happy at all. I then decided that the Iron Cobra Powerglide was right for me. I traded my Eliminator in for it and got the Powerglide. Its a much nicer pedal. I recommend it!
      [LUKE]

Check out my band... NEW MP3'S UP!!!
      http://www.tormentedmusic.com
      http://www.myspace.com/tormented

Comment

I dont like the eliminator DBL. I love them in single chain but it has to be the iron cobra DBL.
        im am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by slayerfreak069
          When I first got my Eliminator, I loved it. After about a month or so I couldnt get the response I wanted. I tried different cams, tensioning on the springs, and beater position. I wasnt happy at all. I then decided that the Iron Cobra Powerglide was right for me. I traded my Eliminator in for it and got the Powerglide. Its a much nicer pedal. I recommend it!

First of all, let me thank everyone for responding. I tried everything that was mentioned here and on other boards, including trying different cams. For the record, I preferred the Black cam.

I have to agree with Slayerfreak069, in the end, I ended up buying the Iron Cobra.

The Eliminator just didn't work for me. I found the Iron Cobra *much* more responsive and smoother than the Eliminator. This is not to say the Eliminator is a bad pedal, it just didn't work for me.

On another board, I got a response from a guy that said the Iron Cobra didn't work for him so he traded his IC for the Eliminator and is really happy now. This just proves that one persons preference can sure be different from another.

The Cobra allows me to do what I've been wanting to do on the Eliminator. I've been bitten.

Thanks again for everyone's response and help.
          DennisT

Comment

I just got the eliminator and i love it. the only problem i have had is after i do a fast singe hit, the beater will bounce a little. I'm worried that you will be able to hear the bounce when i record with my band.

Comment

Working...
            X