Icon Rack Questions - Spacing and Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Rack Questions - Spacing and Function

I've been contemplating buying the icon curved rack for some time; however, i have been reluctant due to some lingering questions that i hope my fellow Pearl family can assist with.
    1. Will it shrink the overall footprint
    2. Will I be able to take the left arm (snare/hi-hat side) and move it to rotate in when I'm not playing

My wife complains that she hits her foot on my stand base but also that the drums come out too far in the room. If I can't help with that, not sure if I'll pull the trigger. Pictures attached for reference
    Thanks everyone!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201217_103026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	5295892Click image for larger version

Name:	20210219_090745.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	5295893
    Attached Files

I have the stock 501 icon with side
    wing arms. The curved rack bar is
    wider than the straight one. I think
    an icon rack would tighten things up.
    Here is a pick of my 5 piece so you
    can get an idea of what an icon can do.
    Attached Files
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Really depends on how you configure the rack in my opinion. Your set-up is already pretty clean and I wonder if the stock ICON front rack bar would actually be wider and have a larger footprint of what you have there now? In saying that, Pearl has a lot more clamps and short bars available, so if you wanted you could take the "Gibraltar" approach and piece together a more customized (albeit smaller) ICON for yourself. I used the curved ICON for my kit and have done several mods to it over the years (shortened the front bar, trimmed all legs down, legless snare stand, etc.) to get the profile smaller. And yes, you could swing the left side bar when not using it, just depends on what (if any) gear you mount on it and your clearance for moving it.Click image for larger version

Name:	72478543_394965104751306_9214318245794807808_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	5217186
      Pearl Masterworks
      Black Mist Burst over Natural Maple

10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 22x18 | 14x5 |

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

I'd say you may be better off going with 2 side racks, and not using a bar over the bass drum, will show off those beautiful drums more and keep the floor nice and tidy except for the rack feet, HH Stand and snare stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71KS9ryoVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	5217187
          More drums than you can shake a stick at...
          https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

Also a Podcaster - Groovecast

Comment

Working...
          X