Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tama Speed Cobra Hi Hat Stand

Hello everyone
    I intend to buy me a new hi hat stand. since I am using the speed cobra double pedal my first choice would be his brother the HH915N stand. I started to look up for articles and reviews about it and frankly I have to say I didn't found much information regarding impressions from people using this stand. In general it seems to me, and off coarse I might be wrong, that not much drummers using it and prefer the iron cobra stand or the Pearl double leged
    I contacted the dealer here in Israel and asked him why they don't keep this one in stock and only the iron cobra. he told me that as far as he know, the speed is not very popular among professional drummers and endorsers. and that the iron cobra is much stable then the speed, which seems to me very strange since they have identical leg structure...
    anyway I had the feeling that he saying it just because they don't have it in stock and probably wont order them.

Please share your knowledge, reviews or any information regarding the speed cobra stand...

Thanks

From what I know about the speed cobra stand, it's simply a longboard version of the iron cobra lever glide stand which I personally own. And I can tell you from my experience, it is the best hi hat stand I have ever used. I'm primarily a double bass metal drummer and when I got my IC hi hat stand, it was so smooth and precise that it made me want to use hi hat more often. I'm sure the speed cobra would be no different.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

Comment

Thanks Man. you are reassuring my thoughts

Comment

Yeah like TreCoolFool mentioned, it's literally an Iron Cobra Lever Glide stand with the Speed Cobra footboard.

I own a set of Speed Cobra pedals as well as this hi-hat stand and I love it. Again like TreCoolFool mentioned, I didn't know I could actually be inspired and sucked in by a hi-hat stand, but it's definitely possible! Now I'm gushing...it's a great piece of hardware. Try and get one! Especially if you already have a Speed Cobra pedal!
        Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
        1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
        1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

Originally posted by sdrum177 View Post
          […] I had the feeling that he saying it just because they don't have it in stock and probably wont order them.
          Likely. Keeping stock costs money, and any shopkeeper will do his utmost to sell you an item from stock, rather than order an equivalent item for you.

It's a Tama hi-hat stand, Tama are a renowned manufacturer of drums and hardware. I'm sure it'll perform admirably. If you get off on having your bass drum and hi-hat pedals match (as many of us here do), go for it.
          1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
          1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
          1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
          1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
          1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black
          Roland TD-20SX
          Roland TD-30KV

Comment

Thanks a lot guys for your replyes.
            i guess this is a green light for me... just need to find someone in the US that has good prices on it. hope i'll get it soon

Comment

Hey guys. i Finally Got it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	speed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	5188727

Everything is perfect. I just wanted to know if anybody who use it, experienced the same, I might say strange feeling, with the foot pedal as I do?!
              when playing on the hi hat cymbals I noticed that I feel very much the impact of the stick on the cymbal in my foot... as I recall I didn't feel that as much on my other stand, the pearl H900.
              It's not as if it's bothering me, as it's strange. So Basically, is it normal?
              the only thing I can think off that causing this is the fact that in this model they made the patent of the upper washer which is not a felt but rather a plastic separator (the red one) which off coarse can be changed to a regular felt (included)

Click image for larger version

Name:	spped-2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	5188728

Thanks

Comment

Tighten the springs on the bottom a crank or two.
                http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

Comment

Originally posted by TreCoolFool View Post
                  Tighten the springs on the bottom a crank or two.
                  Which exactly? can you please show in a picture or pdf spec.

Thanks

Comment

I did experience some of this. My drumming friends said there was an odd feel to the stand as well but I love it.

Comment

Interested in the Tama Speed Cobra Hi Hat pedal. I have the Speed Cobra 910 double pedals and are very happy with their performance. Not sure which Speed Cobra Hi hat to get, the 310 or the 915. The 915 has a "Kevlar" strap to connect the pedal to the rod. I am curious as to the dependability of this strap, as opposed to the chain on the 310. Also, is the difference in performance in the two pedals worth the $150.00 difference in price?
                      Repetition is Recognition

Comment

Originally posted by ondrums View Post
                        Interested in the Tama Speed Cobra Hi Hat pedal. I have the Speed Cobra 910 double pedals and are very happy with their performance. Not sure which Speed Cobra Hi hat to get, the 310 or the 915. The 915 has a "Kevlar" strap to connect the pedal to the rod. I am curious as to the dependability of this strap, as opposed to the chain on the 310. Also, is the difference in performance in the two pedals worth the $150.00 difference in price?
                        Oh man. this thread is So old... nice to see it popping out...
                        Anyway, i didn't know there is additional models of the two leged hi hat stand. i am guessing they came out at much later time from when i purchaced mine. i think that at the time i bought it there where only this model which was new at that period of time. till this day i had zero problems with it concerning the strap and at all. this is a top of the line stand. i really enjoy it together with the double SC pedals.
                        just assuming, but i am sure that i am not playing it as much i think you would. So, if your playing time douring the day is few houres give or take. i would consider about the chain model. but, i would look up closley what are the other differences between them. i am sure there's a reason for the $150 difference. Bottom line if you choose the 915 you wont be dissapointed for sure

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X