Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting drummeric! I've had my gold hardware over 10 years and have only dry wiped them clean. I like the results of your process! The gold looks so great with your beautiful Wine Red drums! In hindsight, I wish that I never would have gotten the gold hardware. So difficult and expensive to add or replace stands, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by drummeric View Post
      Then, using Paul Carrizzo’s recipe (equal parts: 9 parts WARM/HOT water, 2 parts ammonia, a "splash" of Mr. Clean - which in my case, I used about 1/3 of a bottle to make my "splash"), let it all sit in the solution in a large clean ….
      So, I need to clean a very dirty gold hardware and I will use this recipe but I have two questions:

1 - what means, for example, 9 parts of hot water? How many liters should I use?

2 - Since I live in Italy, what can I use instead of Mr Clean?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlfn View Post
        So, I need to clean a very dirty gold hardware and I will use this recipe but I have two questions:

1 - what means, for example, 9 parts of hot water? How many liters should I use?

Thanks
        I believe in Italy, the Mr. Clean brand is known as "Mastro Lindo" if I'm not mistaken.

As for the "parts" question, I'd assume it's all relative to how much gold hardware you have that you need to soak. A huge kit like drummeric's would likely require far more water and ammonia (likely why he used 1/3rd of bottle of Mr. Clean) than if you're only needing to soak gold hardware for say a 4 or 5-piece kit or say just a snare.

I'd probably get all the hardware pieces ready to soak in a container and see how much water you'll need for the bath, then try to measure out roughly 1/4th of that total for the ammonia. Hopefully this helps.
        22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Originally posted by Maark
        What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
        Originally posted by space jeff
        yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlfn View Post

Thanks
          On the part question, if I understand correctly, it’s essentially a ratio. 9 parts water and 2 parts ammonia mean that you put 4.5 times more water than ammonia. If your base is in litres, it would simply be 9L water and 2L ammonia. If you only need to clean small parts, the same ratio can be used like 900ml water and 200ml ammonia for example.
          My previous Ludwig kit; Pearl Sensitone Aluminum , Pork Pie, Black Panther and Crush snares.
          DW 5000, Pearl modded P-102, P-120P & P-2002B. IC Powerglide. Many cymbals from the big 3.
          Tiny pic of my old cymbal setup.
          sigpic

Comment

Considering the thread is based on his method, I figured a bump was worthy in tribute to his services.

R.I.P. Paulie

https://styxworld.com/blogs/news/in-...-paul-carrizzo

22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Originally posted by Maark
            What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
            Originally posted by space jeff
            yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

Comment

Working...
            X