• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware

Is double brace hardware good or bad

its the worst man dont buy it get quadruple braced
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Depends whether you're a manly man or a wimpy girl child, only the bravest of men can take on double braced hardware and live to tell the tale.

Comment

well yeaaaaah, if you don't play like some queer you need double braced hardware. Those cymbals are meant to be bashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wRcJofL7i8
        Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac View Post
          well yeaaaaah, if you don't play like some queer you need double braced hardware. Those cymbals are meant to be bashed.

lol
          Pearl Masters (MCX) Mocha Tamo
          Pearl Session Custom (SMX) Green Burst
          Zildjian A & K Customs
          Originally posted by ashmaple
          ... so I secretely wanna see him 'bust his gear out when he's doing their gig in front of the crowds that lead into Make a legendary show. Hajahaha.

Comment

Seriously, some will say that single braced will do just fine; others will say that you should get double braced. It is hard to find single braced hardware these days, and they don't really save much money if any, so I would get double braced if just starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac View Post

That guy had some anger issues as a kid.
              | Pearl | Mapex | Zildjian | Remo | Pro-Mark |

View my Kits below!
              Pearl Vision VBL Cherry Gloss 12x8, 14x14, 18x14, Black Panther Velvetone Snare 14x5.5
              Pearl Masters MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 16x16, 22x18, Masters MPL Snare 14x5.5

Comment

Originally posted by loco337 View Post
                Is double brace hardware good or bad
                Kind of a generic question. Every manufactorer's hardware isn't the same. I would much rather have Yamaha's single braced hardware than some Sound Percussion double braced. Most of the double braced hardware from any of the major manufactorers should be plenty strong.
                Drumming since 1961.
                Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
                Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
                Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

Comment

Alright...here's the way it works.

It doesn't really matter if the stand is double or single-braced. What matters is that the stand is well-made, sturdy, with user-friendly tilters and height-adjustments; and tube sections that are long and thick enough to do the job without wobbling or collapsing.

So what does that really mean? Well it can get confusing, as most high-end stands are double-braced.
                  However... single-braced versions of otherwise (nearly)identical stands are usually available. On the other hand... very cheap stands are almost always single-braced. Of course... there are tons of double-braced crap on the market.

High end or low end... all the three extra pieces of metal do, is add a little weight to the bottom of the stand. This lowers the center of gravity, making the stand a little more stable when large and/or heavy cymbals are extended on booms. Is the increased mass necessary for a stable stand? Not really. Proper placement of the stand, weight-distribution on the stand, and the quality of the stand's other appointments, are far more important to stability and durability, than double-braced legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquila View Post
                    That guy had some anger issues as a kid.
                    you can't imagine how much i would love to stab him in the eye with a spoon
                    Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Originally posted by PYRRHO View Post
                      Alright...here's the way it works.

It doesn't really matter if the stand is double or single-braced. What matters is that the stand is well-made, sturdy, with user-friendly tilters and height-adjustments; and tube sections that are long and thick enough to do the job without wobbling or collapsing.

So what does that really mean? Well it can get confusing, as most high-end stands are double-braced.
                      However... single-braced versions of otherwise (nearly)identical stands are usually available. On the other hand... very cheap stands are almost always single-braced. Of course... there are tons of double-braced crap on the market.

High end or low end... all the three extra pieces of metal do, is add a little weight to the bottom of the stand. This lowers the center of gravity, making the stand a little more stable when large and/or heavy cymbals are extended on booms. Is the increased mass necessary for a stable stand? Not really. Proper placement of the stand, weight-distribution on the stand, and the quality of the stand's other appointments, are far more important to stability and durability, than double-braced legs.
                      Even taught me something.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
                      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
                      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

for every double-braced stand, there's a single-braced equivalent....but the price is usually about the same...so what's the difference?

mainly weight....though not necessarily, because the more expensive single-braced stands are often quite heavy ....

i would get a mid-level double-braced stand for my heaviest cymbal, usually the ride....and make do with lighter booms for cymbals....single or double really doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac

Cymbal crack in 3... 2... 1...
                          Sonor|Remo|Sabian|Vic Firth|Tama

Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein Acht. Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissen,
                          Ich singe bis der Tag erwacht. Ein heller Schein am Firmament

Sonor Select Force in dark forest burst: 14x5.5, 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 22x17.5

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac
                            ******. I'm sitting in a meeting and clicke that linked, and proceed to guhfaw and snort. People looked at me. It was almost as funny as that video.

Comment

Don't mind his playing with Underoath, but his solo stuff is god awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X