Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon drive double pedal

Comment

I have tried pearl p-902 , pearl eliminators, owned iron cobra chrome, and i have the speed cobras now ..i have NEVER been soo fast at double bass in my life and i have owned all those pedals up there!soo much power, its like a catapulpsoo smooth and light.. The demon drives are great!!! But there soo lightly it feels like air,anda that would be an expensive step uo , the black axis pedals are good! if i were u , i would get spped cobras...
      Advantages for spped cobra...
      Smooth foot board
      Speed
      Light
      Cobra coil( which i was curious and tested and found out that it actually is REALLY helpful)
      Beater is light( not that great, looks cool)
      LONGER FOOTBOARD!!( those2-3inches makes a huge differemce!!)

Comment

its all about feel and individuality. I picked up a demon drive... i have no complaints about build quality at all.. however direct drive really just is not for me. i think those pedals are just too slick......... i bet i would have liked em better if i had rubbed some sand in the bearings or something. the turn over on these is quick i sold mine for what i bought it for used 150 in no time at all. so the test drive at least didn't cost me anything. Got some speed cobra and the already feel a lil bit better.
        got G.A.S. ?

Comment

Originally posted by louse View Post
          its all about feel and individuality. I picked up a demon drive... i have no complaints about build quality at all.. however direct drive really just is not for me. i think those pedals are just too slick.........
          Exactly the same here, which means you are a good candidate for Demon Chain! All the benefits of Demon Drive plus more solid feel, as in you can feel where the beater is at any given moment, instead of guessing :-) I LOVE my Demon Chain.
          Marcin Bruczkowski
          www.marcin.bruczkowski.com

Comment

My first "high end" pedal was a Yamaha Flying Dragon. I currently own both the dd and chain versions. Over the past couple of years I have also owned a DW 9000 and 8000, Iron Cobras, Speed Cobras, and a Mapex Falcon. Always keep coming back to the Dragons, I'm so used to the way the pedal feels. I prefer the chain too. The Demon chain is next on my list.
            Mapex Saturn drums
            Sabian and Zildjian cymbals
            Yamaha pedals

Comment

Originally posted by theEZV View Post
              My first "high end" pedal was a Yamaha Flying Dragon. I currently own both the dd and chain versions. Over the past couple of years I have also owned a DW 9000 and 8000, Iron Cobras, Speed Cobras, and a Mapex Falcon. Always keep coming back to the Dragons, I'm so used to the way the pedal feels. I prefer the chain too. The Demon chain is next on my list.
              i know what you are saying about the yamaha pedals, i don't know if it is the flying dragon pedal or not, but i have had the thing for over 15 years!!!!!!
              IT has to be retired cause i have rebuilt it so many time and its been gerry rigged here and there. it just had to be done. i went with the speed cobra simply because i found a as new used on craigslist for 320.00 pretty much mint. love the feel of it already. needless to say i am not super super picky about pedals however i think Pearls top shelf pedal was to refined for for this drum hack. I also have the chrome iron cobra... but i am just keeping it tucked away cause i am a geek like that.
              got G.A.S. ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd 003.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	5161799

My older version of the Eliminator with a Ludwig beater and a H2000 stand in mint condition. I love them both.

Comment

Originally posted by ackesnack View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]438428[/ATTACH]

My older version of the Eliminator with a Ludwig beater and a H2000 stand in mint condition. I love them both.
                  That's not an eliminator. That looks like P-890
                  Under the sign of D-beat

Un-ban nik12!

Comment

Originally posted by beermaniac View Post
                    That's not an eliminator. That looks like P-890
                    I think it goes back to the 700 series actually. I still like to call it an Eliminator though. It's a real quality pedal, but still one of their cheapest. But yeah, you're right. It's not an Eliminator.

Considering buying an double pedal Eliminator for Christmas, but not sure where I can try them out. A Demon Drive would be cool, but I'd have to buy the single pedal version to afford it.

Comment

Every single bass pedal all have different feels. P2000C Eliminator pedals are great pedals as well as iron cobras, speed cobras etc.

everyone has their opinions on what pedals people like and what they can play well on.

Comment

My vote for whatever it may mean lol..Goes to the Elims ! Love these pedals! Red cam for me with tight spring tension, I gig every single weekend and these pedals have been tossed in a hardware bagdwR, droped, left in the cold and everything else uyou can imagine and have never once let me down in the 3 years I have used them, quality is top notch ! there as smooth as anything I have ever tried, I have both strap and chain but I prefer the chain ! great pedals. I also use the H2000 HI-Hat tand and love that also, pearl hardware is my fav! But I also cant argue that tama stuff is top notch also, DW IMO is way way way overpriced, I dont care that it says DW on itm just to much money

Comment

Id have to go with elim's. The others are nice, but the Eliminator pulls ahead because of it's numerous customization possibilities.
                          Pearl BRX 14x6.5,8x7,10x8,12x9,14x11,16x13,22x18
                          Proud member of the Masters Army :D

Comment

I haven't tried any other pedals other than my iron cobras, but I can definitely vouch for their build. Solid as hell. I've yet to hear one breaking. However, because they are so massive, they might not be for everyones liking. In the end, it all comes to what feels best for you.
                            Sonor|Remo|Sabian|Vic Firth|Tama

Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein Acht. Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissen,
                            Ich singe bis der Tag erwacht. Ein heller Schein am Firmament

Sonor Select Force in dark forest burst: 14x5.5, 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 22x17.5

Comment

Working...
                            X