Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about picking up an H2000 Eliminator stand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thinking about picking up an H2000 Eliminator stand

    I'm thinking this would be a pretty solid upgrade to my slightly jerky 900 series HH stand, your thoughts?
    Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

  • #2
    Love my H-2000, most solid hi-hat stand I've owned. Great compliment to the S-2000 snare stand.

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

    Originally posted by Mike Foreman
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the s1000 snare stand and IT'S a beast!
      Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

      Comment


      • #4
        Being Pearl I have no doubt! In case you haven't read these comments...

        http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...00-Snare-Stand

        Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
        8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

        Originally posted by Mike Foreman
        Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

        Comment


        • #5
          What's wrong with the 900 series one? Mine's fine.


          Old kit: Gretsch New Classic

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldn't say anything is wrong with it, I just cannot seem to find a happy place on the tension. It's either too springy or too laggy. I just heard the H2000 was the way to go.
            Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

            Comment


            • #7
              that, and the iron cobra lever glide hihat stand are pretty much the two top hat stands out there.....

              i recently got the lever-glide....man, it is really nice, so smooth .... and fairly light. i think the ic is quite a bit lighter than the eliminator, if that is a concern....

              Comment


              • #8
                can you lift one leg like with the RH2000 so you can place it next to the bass drum?

                Comment


                • #9
                  No they move together but are extremely agile ( not sure if that's the right context :P) if you talking about a double kick setup you would need the adapter.
                  Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL
                  in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
                  my sessions (work in progress)
                  http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

                  looking for: anything satin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The H-2000's solid as a freaking rock and feels amazing. It's the only hat stand I know of that you can adjust to feel exactly like your kick pedal. I can't imagine using anything else now.
                    Don't pick a fight with a drummer... we beat things for a living.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chilledbongo View Post
                      that, and the iron cobra lever glide hihat stand are pretty much the two top hat stands out there.....

                      i recently got the lever-glide....man, it is really nice, so smooth .... and fairly light. i think the ic is quite a bit lighter than the eliminator, if that is a concern....
                      I had a lever glid waaaay back in the day and loved it! Would go good next to the iron cobras as well.
                      Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by scooterdavis
                        I had a lever glid waaaay back in the day and loved it! Would go good next to the iron cobras as well.
                        This is kind of the point I'm at now. Between the iron cobra ( I own now) and the h2000, you really can't go wrong. I love having great gear as much as the next guy , but it is just a hihat stand. What more could you want over the ic or eliminator? I see it coming down to your double pedal.
                        Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL
                        in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
                        my sessions (work in progress)
                        http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

                        looking for: anything satin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I love the feel and the options on 2000's but it's way too heavy for gigging. 900 is one of my favorite HH stands currently on the market.
                          Under the sign of D-beat

                          Un-ban nik12!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by beermaniac
                            I love the feel and the options on 2000's but it's way too heavy for gigging. 900 is one of my favorite HH stands currently on the market.
                            Really? You don't mind a three leg?
                            Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL
                            in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
                            my sessions (work in progress)
                            http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

                            looking for: anything satin

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pearl bassist View Post
                              Really? You don't mind a three leg?
                              not at all, as long as they rotate.
                              I like three legs, because i find them lighter, cheaper, and more stable on uneven surfaces.
                              Actually, i can even do without a spring tension adjustment, my only requirements for a HH stand is rotating legs, stability, reliability and normal weight. that's all really
                              Under the sign of D-beat

                              Un-ban nik12!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X