New beaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New beaters

I am too lazy to take pictures, but I just picked up my Puresound Speedball beaters (felt model) and I really love em'! they're great they have a nice feel to them and the shaft is very strong and the weights that come with the beaters aren't that bad, but I don't really need them.
    My setup:
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=222822

"In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized." - Alex Grey

Here is a picture I just took off their website.
    Attached Files
    My setup:

"In a society that tries to standardize thinking, individuality is not highly prized." - Alex Grey

Comment

I've been using the rubber ones for a while now. I like the weights right up at the top to give a solid thwaaack.
      VINCIT QUI PATITUR

Comment

Originally posted by Judesign
        I've been using the rubber ones for a while now. I like the weights right up at the top to give a solid thwaaack.
        I have the weights at the middle I don't really notice a difference with them though to be honest.
        My setup:

Comment

Haha, you said shaft.

I like my IC Rubber beaters more than those ones, in all seriousness.
          2oo8 nissan altima 3.5 - powered by NISMO - TEAMBCR

sigpic

Comment

I want a vintage felt bomber.

Mallet tone on the kick is awesome

Comment

Good buy on those beaters. They have the same idea as the IC beaters but I still wouldn't want anything else besides my rubber IC's.

I want to order some wooden IC's soon.

Comment

Originally posted by xkendizzlex
                I have the weights at the middle I don't really notice a difference with them though to be honest.
                Me thinks their memory locks, and not weights
                Hey kids, If ya want that Bonham sound ya need BIG-Ludwigs! :eek:
                My kit> 26" BD, 14x13 Rack, 18" and 20" Floors, legendary 14x6.50 Supra.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
                  Me thinks their memory locks, and not weights
                  I thought they were supposed to be dual purpose.

Comment

It's a weight, it says on Puresound's website, the weight is supposed to change the "feel" of the beater, it does in a way.
                    My setup:

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwiggy
                      Good buy on those beaters. They have the same idea as the IC beaters but I still wouldn't want anything else besides my rubber IC's.

I want to order some wooden IC's soon.
                      If you order wood IC beaters, I would reccomend ordering an extra for emergencies... I just put my new wood IC beaters on before a gig, and on one of them, the wood piece fell off two songs in. I glued the piece back on the following day using some 1 minute epoxy from Home Depot, and it's holding up fine now... but I had to play the rest of the gig with it missing, which was NOT cool. I'm sure it was just a randomly defective one, but I ordered a spare to keep on hand just in case. Food for thought at least... it's another $15, but it's worth it for the peace of mind as far as I'm concerned.
                      MY LEFTY ELX BLACKBURST KIT

ABOVE KIT NOW FOR SALE, DUE TO BABY ON THE WAY... :(
                      PM me or MySpace message me for info/to make offers.

ADD ME ON MYSPACE:
                      personal: http://www.myspace.com/jasonjacquin

Comment

Originally posted by Generation Zero
                        If you order wood IC beaters, I would reccomend ordering an extra for emergencies... I just put my new wood IC beaters on before a gig, and on one of them, the wood piece fell off two songs in. I glued the piece back on the following day using some 1 minute epoxy from Home Depot, and it's holding up fine now... but I had to play the rest of the gig with it missing, which was NOT cool. I'm sure it was just a randomly defective one, but I ordered a spare to keep on hand just in case. Food for thought at least... it's another $15, but it's worth it for the peace of mind as far as I'm concerned.
                        Ok, well what did you use as a patch?

I use the remo falam slams. I don't think the wood would break off. Because I hear many stories about people using metal click pads and then their wood "mysteriously" breaks to pieces.

Not saying that you do, I'm just saying I trust them not to break, and if they do Ill just get my money back lol.

Comment

I am using the Gibraltar double clicker pad, the black one. It has a piece of metal or hard plastic in it, I believe... but the wood piece didn't break, it just came off... the glue that holds it to the rest of the beater head just failed. It was probably a "monday morning" or "friday evening" part... some factory worker didn't put the right amount of glue in the right spot or something, you know. I was just suggesting keeping a spare on hand for the on-the-spot repair, in the probably unlikely event that the same thing happens to you. Since I now have a spare, I'll probably never need it... that's how it usually works, right?

ADD ME ON MYSPACE:

Comment

Originally posted by Generation Zero
                            I am using the Gibraltar double clicker pad, the black one. It has a piece of metal or hard plastic in it, I believe... but the wood piece didn't break, it just came off... the glue that holds it to the rest of the beater head just failed. It was probably a "monday morning" or "friday evening" part... some factory worker didn't put the right amount of glue in the right spot or something, you know. I was just suggesting keeping a spare on hand for the on-the-spot repair, in the probably unlikely event that the same thing happens to you. Since I now have a spare, I'll probably never need it... that's how it usually works, right?
                            It's possible yours could have been faulty. But still, the gibraltar click pads are thicker and have metal. So the wood pieces are more likely to separate.

I mean, I heard a kid use them on a danmar click pad and it shredded to pieces in minutes and he said it was a bad product.

Well, negating that moronic factor. I'm sure it will hold up just as good as my rubber ones too.

But now I need a camera and to buy my practice pad, metronome, music stand, and snare stand from my tutor.

My beaters, other crap can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwiggy
                              It's possible yours could have been faulty. But still, the gibraltar click pads are thicker and have metal. So the wood pieces are more likely to separate.

I mean, I heard a kid use them on a danmar click pad and it shredded to pieces in minutes and he said it was a bad product.

Well, negating that moronic factor. I'm sure it will hold up just as good as my rubber ones too.

But now I need a camera and to buy my practice pad, metronome, music stand, and snare stand from my tutor.

My beaters, other crap can wait.
                              Yeah, I would have probably gotten the rubber ones too, but the guy at GC said that the clicker pad worked best with wood beaters. I think he just doesn't like me.

Anyway, I do love the wood beaters, so I'll probably just go with a different pad next time, assuming I have any more issues with this one. If not, I'll keep everything the way it is, because it sounds great!

It actually sounded almost better without the wood piece on, and just the metal part, but it felt really odd due to the weight difference in the two, and the slight delay from the added distance the pedal had to travel to hit the pad compared with the other foot. Kinda makes you wonder if a metal beater would be a good idea? You'd have to use the metal clicker then, but it would probably be a good setup for, well, metal.

ADD ME ON MYSPACE:

Comment

Working...
                              X