I'm really starting to dislike DW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really starting to dislike DW.

I've had my 9002 pedal for a maybe a year and a half now, and I'm the first person to my knowledge to ever encounter the particular problem I'm having. What's worse, this is the second time it's occurred now within a few months. Now let me show you what I'm talking about. the first picture is of an entire u-joint assembly compared to the remnants of what happened the first time I had a problem--yeah, that's right, the part of it that is connected to the actual drive shaft snapped clean in half. And the second picture shows (if you couldn't already tell from the first) that I have reason to believe that it's gonna happen again, and soon. I had it replaced the first time, but it cost me $50 because I bought the pedal used and had no warranty. I'm gonna have to replace this one too, no question about that. But my final question is, should I replace it and keep the pedal, which could possibly continue this nightmare somewhere further on down the road; or replace the part, sell the pedal, and use the $ to buy something different?
    Attached Files

Wow the first time ive seen that..have u contacted Dw or the store u bought it from?

\m/ **$ I PLAY HEAVY METAL **$ \m/

§

Originally Posted by SKC
    I tried, but It gave me that stupid message that I can't rape any more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Drummer
      Wow the first time ive seen that..have u contacted Dw or the store u bought it from?
      Both. All I can do is buy new parts, because I bought the pedal used to begin with. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, but the price of it is getting close to what I would've paid for it brand new will all this replacing I'm having to do.

Comment

ouch, any thoughts on why it keeps breaking? I have a dw5000 single pedal i hope it doesnt start breaking on me!!!
        Tama Superstar Custom

Comment

if this keeps giving you trouble, why keep it. i think you should get something like the iron cobra or eliminators. they are very durable and are considerably less than a 9000 pedal.
          sigpic

Comment

The only explanation I can come up with is that I am simply too awesome and the U-Joint can't take it.....Not.

I don't know why this is happening, but it is most certainly not cool.

Comment

I am thinking about getting Eliminators, because I had IC's before I had the 9000s and grew to dislike them. I think it was the offset cam design that did it, but I just couldn't get the IC's to feel 100% right to me. I like the idea of the interchangeable cams on the eliminators, though, and I think getting some will be my next move.

because I currently do not want to search this topic, however, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if the eliminators (2002C) are able to convert from the double to two singles? Thank you in advance to whoever answers for dealing with my excessive laziness. It is late at night for me.

Comment

i think the problem with dw is theyre more focused with looks in mind, and their pedals have been known to break as well. if you feel like gettin eliminators, i say get em. they are great pedals.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DethRokRyan
                  Both. All I can do is buy new parts, because I bought the pedal used to begin with. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, but the price of it is getting close to what I would've paid for it brand new will all this replacing I'm having to do.
                  wow dude that sucks ..what have you done so far

\m/ **$ I PLAY HEAVY METAL **$ \m/

§

Originally Posted by SKC
                  I tried, but It gave me that stupid message that I can't rape any more people.

Comment

I am thinking about getting Eliminators, because I had IC's before I had the 9000s and grew to dislike them. I think it was the offset cam design that did it, but I just couldn't get the IC's to feel 100% right to me. I like the idea of the interchangeable cams on the eliminators, though, and I think getting some will be my next move.

because I currently do not want to search this topic, however, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if the eliminators (2002C) are able to convert from the double to two singles? Thank you in advance to whoever answers for dealing with my excessive laziness. It is late at night for me.
                    With little labor, it is possible! I bought a DW5000 single pedal and sold it to get an Eliminator for various reasons, but I really believe Pearl needs to update their hinges design.
                    Pearl Drums:
                    Red Sparkle MMX: 24x18; 22x16; 14x5; 14x6.5; 13x9; 16x14; 18x16; 14x6.5 MHX Snare
                    Purple Sparkle MHX 14x6.5 snare

Sabian HH Cymbals:
                    14" Regular Hats, 17" & 18" Medium-Thin Crashes, 18" & 19" Medium Crashes, 20" & 22" Classic Rides

Comment

if it's just the drive shaft then why buy new pedals? Get an eliminator\axis\trick\iron cobra shaft.
                      Tama Rockstar 10,12,14,16
                      12x7 Black Panter Maple\Cherry
                      13x3.5 Black Panther Steel
                      14x6.5 Black Panther Birdseye Maple
                      14x6 Tama Starclassic G-Maple
                      Roland TD6
                      Paiste

Comment

I've had my 9002 pedal for a maybe a year and a half now, and I'm the first person to my knowledge to ever encounter the particular problem I'm having. What's worse, this is the second time it's occurred now within a few months. Now let me show you what I'm talking about. the first picture is of an entire u-joint assembly compared to the remnants of what happened the first time I had a problem--yeah, that's right, the part of it that is connected to the actual drive shaft snapped clean in half. And the second picture shows (if you couldn't already tell from the first) that I have reason to believe that it's gonna happen again, and soon. I had it replaced the first time, but it cost me $50 because I bought the pedal used and had no warranty. I'm gonna have to replace this one too, no question about that. But my final question is, should I replace it and keep the pedal, which could possibly continue this nightmare somewhere further on down the road; or replace the part, sell the pedal, and use the $ to buy something different?
                        Did you bought just that part or the whole shaft? If you bought the whole shaft you can take the joint from old shaft and put it in the new one.

Comment

DW machines its precision universal assemblies in-house from aircraft-grade aluminum to meet strict tolerances.

I fear for today's aircraft

Comment

^
                            I'm never flying in a DW plane
                            Club YDF
                            Yamaha Maple Absolute in Vintage Natural on Order
                            Sizes
                            24x18
                            13x10
                            16x16

Comment

That's the first time I have seen that before. Do you have a picture of how you set up your pedals on the floor showing the angles???
                              PDF Press
                              Club Unemployed
                              Founder / CEO
                              "Spirit of 2002" #24

Comment

Working...
                              X