!!!scam Alert!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!scam Alert!!!

Beware Pennsylvania/East Coast drummers!!!
    There is an enterpise located in New Castle PA, called Eternity Entertainment AKA BDE Productions that is trying to scam people into touring for charity, making exhorbitant promises, and doing nothing. Mrs Monday's brother was roped into playing for a "Tour for the Cure" cancer-benefit promotion. The cancer organization is legit, but the production company isn't. Her brother has had equipment removed and stolen, and band members and roadies are now stranded in Nashville, while prepping for the tour. They are also attempting to sell dates for future concerts for the Jonnny Rodes Outlaw Band, and pocketing the $500 cash upfront money. Again, the band is legit, the promoters are not.

Anyone involved with this group, and having trouble, please PM/e-mail me, and we can see what can be done with these people.

Hope no one else gets burned!
    Last edited by Monday317; 04-07-2006, 03:35 PM.
    cogito ergo Bebop a Lula

Hi Monday!

Nobody reads this section, might be better posted in chit chat or general drum discussion for better traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Monday317
      Beware Pennsylvania/East Coast drummers!!! There is an enterpise located in New Castle PA, called Eternity Productions AKA BDE Productions that is trying to scam people into touring for charity, making exhorbitant promises, and doing nothing. Mrs Monday's brother was roped into playing for a "Tour for the Cure" cancer-benefit promotion. The cancer organization is legit, but the production company isn't. Her brother has had equipment removed and stolen, and band members and roadies are now stranded in Nashville, while prepping for the tour. They are also attempting to sell dates for future concerts for the Jonnny Rodes Outlaw Band, and pocketing the $500 cash upfront money. Again, the band is legit, the promoters are not.

Anyone involved with this group, and having trouble, please PM/e-mail me, and we can see what can be done with these people.

Hope no one else gets burned!
      Forum member BOBTHESALESCLERK is looking into some tour and lives in New Castle PENN.
      Originally posted by ProBeat-Jazz
      Demfer IS a source. He is never wrong. Anyone who thinks Demfer is a person is a complete fool. If you were to look at him, you would explode. :eek: :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by dubsnack
        Hi Monday!

Nobody reads this section, might be better posted in chit chat or general drum discussion for better traffic.
        Done. Thanks for the suggestion!
        cogito ergo Bebop a Lula

Comment

Originally posted by Demfer
          Forum member BOBTHESALESCLERK is looking into some tour and lives in New Castle PENN.
          Yike! Hope he's not in Nashville being burned.

They've caught these shady-assed promoters and I'm sure their lives will get interesting really quick!.
          cogito ergo Bebop a Lula

Comment

wow, then who is this chick.
            http://www.myspace.com/nikkimorgan
            In memory of my Dad
            Nelson Cameron 1952-1997

Drum Machines Have No Soul

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
              wow, then who is this chick.
              http://www.myspace.com/nikkimorgan
              Same people. Read this:

Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 2:47 PM
              To: 'Renee Nicole Morgan'; 'Stephentillia@ebgllc.net'
              Cc: Katherine Vandenbogert; 'rick@cancersucks.com'
              Subject: Tour for a Cure
              Importance: High

Nikki-
              I tried calling you and your number has been "temporarily disconnected", which is not an encouraging sign.

Nikki and Steve-
              Based on conversations I've had with various people and information that has been brought to my attention, Cancer Treatment Research Foundation will no longer support Johnny Rodes and/or Tour for a Cure. I have already removed every mention of the Tour and the press release from our website.

EVERYTHING that pertains to CTRF and the Tour must be removed from your website(s) and the myspace.com site(s). This needs to happen immediately. If the logos, press release, etc are not removed by 8am Monday, April 10th, CTRF will be releasing a press release denouncing Johnny Rodes Outlaw Band, Back Rodes Productions, Eternity Entertainment and all other entities involved. I will also make sure to personally contact any of the currently listed sponsors and venues and let them know CTRF's position. Hopefully - I won't have to do any of that because you will have removed all reference to CTRF.

If you have any questions, feel free to call me. However, the Monday morning deadline will not change. I am sorry that it has come to this and that it is via email but the reputation of CTRF can not be associated with some of the activity I've heard about. And, since there is no working phone number - email is the next fastest means of communication.

Sincerely,
              Melissa Pontikes

Melissa L. Pontikes
              President
              Cancer Treatment Research Foundation
              847.342.7451 - phone
              847.342.7461 - fax

www.CTRF.org
              CHANGING THE FACE OF CANCER NOW!
              cogito ergo Bebop a Lula

Comment

wow
                Spence

Rock out, Roll on

There is no cure for birth, nor for death. Thus, one must rock out to the fullest during the interval in between.

Comment

i know those dudes, they offered my band a tour. luckly we got a tip on them not being legit
                  Towering Filth

Originally posted by etixd
                  I can take a 10-year-old out with one kick to the face, I don't see why the uncle didn't fight back?

Comment

damn.i cant believe it.
                    Danny Carey

Comment

Monday317

Please contact me about the Eternity Entertainment and Backrodes info. you have. The other business is BRE and is not ligit, that much i know...

any of you can email me about this I was Johnny Rodes tour manager, and pulled off the tour and so did the musicians. I will not talk publicaly about that so any of you can email me at halston12000@yahoo.com

Comment

stickied for you Monday!
                        I play with strings and sticks.

Comment

One should not speak of what he does not know.

I was on sight for the Johnny Rodes Outlaw Band's Preparation phase for the Tour for the Cure. And I can affirmatively say that the first date would not have happened if not for certain individuals in Eternity Entertainment, Inc.

First off, when is it a 'Promotion Company's' job to pay a band. Is that not a management responsibility? (Rhetorical Question, but yes it is)

Second, the 2 or 3 500 dollar deposits were made to Back Rodes Productions, thus Eternity Entertainment, Inc. did not see a dime of any of them. And every signed contract stipulates that all checks are made out to Back Rodes and sent to them.

Third, a Retainer fee was never paid in full. The reason Eternity tried so hard is because we were promised return of funds for things we put funds out for and never received them. We had the capabilities to do our job, which was booking and promotions, but before we knew it, we had many other responsibilities dumped on us that are not a Promotion Company's responsibility.

Here are a few of the things Eternity Entertainment, Inc. was forced to pay for or pull the tour:

1. Box Truck (and the driver's wage) for hauling the sound equipment

2. Camera Equipment (We are responsible for this as per our filming contract). I hope this shows how we managed to do our responsibilities despite being burdened with everything else.

3. All company Nextel Cell Phones, including those of the Tour Manager, Band Manager, and Band Leader of which none have been shut off due to the fact that we have nothing to fear or hide.

4. The Tour Bus and Bus Driver, as well as the gas on the way back to Murfreesboro from Knoxville where it was finally decided to pull the Tour because the lead guitarist's nephew died at a tragically young age (God Bless you James) which is not anyone's fault. It's an act of God. James could not play and the band would not and could not play without him.

5. Every press kit after the initial week of booking upon signing the contract with Back Rodes was paid for by Eternity, printed by Eternity, packaged by Eternity, and shipped to venues using the Eternity UPS account.

6. Band Equipment was shipped via the UPS Account in Eternity Entertainment, Inc.'s name.

7. My own personal vehicle was used as a shuttle bus, was not properly maintained, and was savagely neglected with absolutely no compensation for gas that we ended up running on a company credit card.

8. Motel rooms were taken in the Eternity Entertainment, Inc. name when they are not our responsibility either. Eternity Entertainment had to feed the staff members we provided to Back Rodes Productions, not to mention the Band themselves having to feed themselves.

Our contract stipulates that a retainer of 8500 was to be paid of which only 800 was paid total. That does not cover the fees we've had to endure to try and pull this off. It also stipulates that we were to be provided with the materials and funds appropriate for our promotional duties, and we were not. All of this should show you that we wanted this tour to happen more than anyone because the people involved in it were riding on it to happen. Eternity was left in the parking lot of a hotel after paying for everything when the tour was pulled and basically on their own with no place to go. I don't expect pity for this post, we are doing alright now and will be doing just fine once this is all solved. It is Eternity's belief that when you start something you don't stop. You hit a road block you find a way to overcome it. With little time and a shoe string budget Eternity pulled off everything necessary to have a tour. Nobody else made any contributions and wanted paid for sitting around, and it would not suprise me if this poster would be one of those people or associated with them in some way.

Everyone is trashing Eternity, meanwhile I get calls on my company cell phone every day of people involved in this demanding money. Eternity Entertainment, Inc. are the only ones who care enough about their reputation to be doing anything about rectifying the situation.

So I leave you saying do not speak of that which you do not know. There are two sides to every story.

Ryan

Comment

Ryan,
                            I know Micah P.'s side of the story; what was promised, what did not materialize, what was never properly booked. I don't know whether you folks are simply incompetant, inexperienced, or actually crooked, that's true. I DO know what you are currently doing is wrong.

Truth be told, I thought you folks had a great idea and that Johnny Rodes has real potential. But as matters stand now, it's all a waste. In the future, you may be able to do some real good work, and I hope that happens. Good luck!
                            cogito ergo Bebop a Lula

Comment

i'd love to be stranded in nashville! then i could visit the pearl factory!! where can i find this amazing group of people??
                              7-Piece Double Bass BRX!
                              The critics are raving: "Pure hotness. One of the nicest kits on here."-Fran, "F*ckin Beautiful"-NevDRUM, "Amazing!!! HOLY SHINIKES!"-rushofblood2112, "Gorgeous kit and setup"-DeadSkinMask, "Beautiful!"-drmrman, "absolutely awesome!"-AL PERCIVAL

Comment

Working...
                              X