No announcement yet.

Percussion instruments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my incomplete snare drum collection thread. I like it and think it is quite charming. :)

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...e-drum-per-day

Comment

woaw man...you're THE percs collector of the forum for sure. som elooks like they've been intensively used. i like this thread.
      sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
      tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
      sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

Originally posted by rollracer View Post
        woaw man...you're THE percs collector of the forum for sure. som elooks like they've been intensively used. i like this thread.
        Thanks mate.

Here is yet another triangle. This is the small LP triangle.

I should point out. Until I am well again I mainly play percussion gigs these days. For example I played congas and shakers with a funk band last Saturday.

I am thinking of recording a drum solo called Chemo drummer solo with numb feet.
        Check out my incomplete snare drum collection thread. I like it and think it is quite charming. :)

Comment

yes,i understand your present motto.

how did you ended with as much percussions and drum kits ?? is this meant as a collection , or is the reason is because you wanted multiple set up ready to play in different locations where you have gigs on regular basis ?

i ask this because i know some working drummers may have many different kits settled up in different places because they works on different projects simulteanously,so they don't have to move stuff all the time......it's a costy solution ,but makes the life easier i guess......
          Hello mate. I am a little confused right now. I had an operation yesterday

How did I end up with so many kits, snare drums, percussion what have you?

The kits and snare drums were because of session work before it died,

The percussion was because I was interested to learn. How does one play bata, riq, pandeiro etc.

My adoration of all things percussive drove me in this direction. I had to understand. It was my life's work to understand as much as I could. I was never interested in fame. In fact I had it offered on several occasions. I turned it down. Just as I have turned down two autobiography deals. Although now I think perhaps I should write it all down before it is too late.

Comment

Cowbell may ham. But fun to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Pearl kit View Post
              Cowbell may ham. But fun to play!

set up reminds me of a black light orchestra song . there was a stunning lick the perc man was doing on a similar timbales-cowbell set up.

Originally posted by Massive Pearl kit View Post
              I am thinking of recording a drum solo called Chemo drummer solo with numb feet.

i sense you're not too eager to play the drumkit. sometimes things end up going into unexpected directions. like stepping off the drumkit to dedicate your interest to the percussion field which it seems is what you did to a certain extend.
              sigpicRUSH FOREVER RUSH
              tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
              sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

Comment

set up reminds me of a black light orchestra song . there was a stunning lick the perc man was doing on a similar timbales-cowbell set up.

i sense you're not too eager to play the drumkit. sometimes things end up going into unexpected directions. like stepping off the drumkit to dedicate your interest to the percussion field which it seems is what you did to a certain extend.
                Oh no, I play drums. I am simply unwell. When on percussion I have less responsibility. I simply play in time, as opposed to keeping time.

Small LP cabasa.

Comment

Working...
                X