Practice sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice sticks

So I am in need of a good practice stick that is gonna help me build speed and control on a matching snare. My school uses hardimons and I need something that is gonna be different enough to make Chopping with a different stick worth the work but I need the transition between sticks to be smooth. Any suggestions?
    Pearl Drum, Sabian Cymbals, Remo Drumheads, Vic Firth Sticks, Pearl Hardware

I think that old teacher, Sam Ulano? (Advertised In modern drummer.) Had this thing about using metal sticks. It was along the lines of ; using a heavier stick would help build the proper muscles in your hands/wrists/fingers. Something like that.
    Just a suggestion.
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dsokodrum View Post
      I think that old teacher, Sam Ulano? (Advertised In modern drummer.) Had this thing about using metal sticks. It was along the lines of ; using a heavier stick would help build the proper muscles in your hands/wrists/fingers. Something like that. Just a suggestion.
      Would you suggest a normal stick that is just super heavy or go for a "chop-out" model with a rubber tip?

Comment

^^ I've used the aluminum Power Wrist Builders (the lightest material they offer) and they were crazy. Just one minute of open doubles and my hands were burning, but then picked up MS4 Magnums (my normal practice/workout sticks) and was FLYING.
        I think the Power Wrist Builders are great, but more than I'm willing to pay right now.
        Also, they will definitely make you notice anything wrong with your technique. They advise you to be very careful using the steel and brass models (up to 1 3/4lbs for each stick!) as injuries may occur. Even for marching players, I don't know if the steel or brass ones are necessary.

If you want to invest in some aluminum Power Wrist Builders, go ahead. Otherwise, I'd go for MS4s or the Sta-Pac Hardimons. I don't think the rubber tipped "chop out" sticks are really worth it, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by gabebennett1 View Post
          ^^ I've used the aluminum Power Wrist Builders (the lightest material they offer) and they were crazy. Just one minute of open doubles and my hands were burning, but then picked up MS4 Magnums (my normal practice/workout sticks) and was FLYING. I think the Power Wrist Builders are great, but more than I'm willing to pay right now. Also, they will definitely make you notice anything wrong with your technique. They advise you to be very careful using the steel and brass models (up to 1 3/4lbs for each stick!) as injuries may occur. Even for marching players, I don't know if the steel or brass ones are necessary. If you want to invest in some aluminum Power Wrist Builders, go ahead. Otherwise, I'd go for MS4s or the Sta-Pac Hardimons. I don't think the rubber tipped "chop out" sticks are really worth it, to be honest.
          Yeah I think I'll just stick with sticks so I'll go for sta PAC hardimons I guess

Comment

Originally posted by griffinclaw11 View Post

Would you suggest a normal stick that is just super heavy or go for a "chop-out" model with a rubber tip?
            I've used sticks a little heavier than what I normally use. Nothing special.
            Dan

Comment

I like Rennick 2s

Comment

Working...
              X