Favorite snare sticks? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite snare sticks? :D

I have a bit of a problem here.... i plan on trying out for snare next year (in my highschool band) and cymbals for a local indoor line. Personally, i've always been a jazz drummer and i use vic firth 8Ds. So i'm used to small sticks. and i'm really liking mike macintoshes, i hate ralph hardimons, and i haven't tried anything else. System blues look nice, but i haven't found a pair anywhere. What do you guys like?

Thom Hannum by Vic or the Mike Macintosh by Innovative.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Pro-Mark DC-17's (Sco-Jo's)

Comment

alright i'll check out those

Comment

MS 5s are really nice as well.

Comment

I like using Thomas Lang's sig stick for pipe band drumming

Comment

i like the innovative fs2, personally, i dont like vic firth at all, but personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrummingKid17 View Post
                i like the innovative fs2, personally, i dont like vic firth at all, but personal opinion.
                The only Vic firth marching sticks I like are

Wait for it....

Ralf Hardimon sigs.
                Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

Comment

I haven't tried those, but all others I have tried, I did not like. All 4 pairs I got

Comment

We use the white Hardimon s but with the nylon tip. We sand the white finish off to make them a touch lighter and less slippery on the hands.

Comment

Originally posted by candrummer View Post
                      We use the white Hardimon s but with the nylon tip. We sand the white finish off to make them a touch lighter and less slippery on the hands.
                      That's what I did with mine, but only where my hands are. They also make fantastic clicking sticks if you are teaching a line.
                      Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

Comment

Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
                        Thom Hannum by Vic or the Mike Macintosh by Innovative.
                        we use Thom Hannums in our line. I love how they feel. And I think every snare in our line owns a pair of System Blues from Pro Mark

Comment

Originally posted by SnArE4LyFe View Post
                          we use Thom Hannums in our line. I love how they feel. And I think every snare in our line owns a pair of System Blues from Pro Mark
                          We ended up using Pro Mark DC50's. They're excellent.
                          Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

It's been a long time, but over three years of marching snare we also found the Vic Firth Corpsmaster Ralph Hardimon with the wood tip was the best set. Back then even the tips were painted white though, unlike the current natural finish on the tips.

The Hardimons were the first sticks that we used bare. Previous sticks usually ended up covered in some pattern of electrical tape or another to make them look cool, but the Hardimons were clean and attractive so we left 'em alone most of the time. I had taped up my sticks for the last show I ever played, and I kind of wish that I hadn't as the white electrical tape delaminated from the sticks and they look bad now.
                            TWX
                            Pearl Export in Green Mist, Ludwig Speed King pedal, Zildjian cymbals
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            You are sick, twisted, and perverted. I like that in a person.

Comment

IP's Paul Rennicks all the way. Haven't not used them in many years now.

Comment

Working...
                              X