White max vs Black max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White max vs Black max

Are there any differences in sound or feel?

Minor amounts for both. I've always felt that the Black Max has a deeper and warmer tone, as well as a slightly softer feel on the hands than the White Max.

It really depends on the tuning, you can make almost any head sounds or feel like another one. I've had Hybrid's feel like table tops, and Max's feel like mylar heads.

My preference for these two heads - Black Max every time - but that's because I played the White's throughout high school and never liked how they felt.
    Pearl Vision VBX | Yamaha/ Tama Snares | Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Innovative Percussion/ Vater Drumsticks
    Yamaha MTS Snare| Innovative Percussion Sticks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy drum gear and that's pretty much the same thing

Comment

I really like the Black Max's. They are easier on the hands then their white counterparts.
      Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

there is an interview with Scott Johnson from years ago when the "Black Max" first hit the scene were he discusses how the devils that first year would be staying with the falam head because of issues with detuning because they were black and took on to much heat. I have since seen the devils use that head though. I remember before they were on the market Brett Kuhn walking out to a camp I was at and put one on a snare... it was more of a screen door at the time. (I remember if you held it up to the light you could kinda see through it )

I have always rolled with the white ones.
        I don't wear cologne - chad smith

Comment

I like the sound and look of the black over white. White always gets dirty when you are hitting it, i also think the sound is slightly better in the black on my FFX Championship

Comment

Blacks look great, but I feel the whites have a more crisp sound. I've used hybrids mainly, but would prefer the black still over the white.

Comment

Working...
            X