What do you guys play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys play?

I was wondering, what does everyone play in marching band?

I played snare my first year, and have played bass for 3 years now.
    sigpic

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

snare in outdoor every year from freshman-junior... snare in indoor from freshman-sophmore... had to march tenors in indoor for my junior year. Back to snare now

Comment

Marched snare and bottom bass freshman. I'm full time tenor now. As you can see from my sig. We have two batteries. One for parade, and one for competition. The parade includes all percussion, and the competition (comp) includes a pit.
      Mapex Pro M Cherry Fade
      12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x20.
      Black Panter Maple/Cherry 13x6

Comment

Snare all the way!

Comment

Tenors all four years. And a blessed four years it was.

Comment

I play Sousaphone (marching tuba). lol, does my instrument apply to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by gregthe1000
              I play Sousaphone (marching tuba). lol, does my instrument apply to this thread?
              No.
              sigpic

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

snare freshman year,
                tenors sophomore year,
                and now for junior year, tenors and DRUM CAPITAN!
                helllll yeahhhh

Comment

Check the siggy!

I can't do marching band my senior year though. I've got some half credits to make up... Stupid switch from a block schedule to a standard schedule has caused me some grief. But I'm still gonna watchover, and help out where I can at rehearsals and stuff. And hopefully I'm gonna go to Yamaha Sounds of Summer with my school as well. But my BD said I would easily be marching snare if I would be in it.

Comment

I played cymbals last year (freshman), and this year im on bass.
                    Gretsch Catalina Maple

Comment

Originally posted by devildrums555
                      Stupid switch from a block schedule to a standard schedule has caused me some grief.
                      i love block scheduling: it gives me less classes in one day. lol

well, in Marching band/Symphonic Band/Wind Ensemble/Jazz band/Pep band i play alto sax.

for Indoor i played cymbals my freshman year and this year (sophomore) i played snare. but we also made the switch from moving to standstill, which sucked. nobody really liked standstill this year, but it was better than nothing.

Comment

Snare all the way.
                        My Starclassics.
                        http://pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=237552

Comment

Bass(8) Snare(9-11) I'm currently Captain as a junior. O, and 1st 8th grader to make high school Drum line!
                          Originally posted by Chioffe
                          next time send her a picture of Satan burning a child.

Comment

Bass drum for life
                            Chut digga dut

Comment

bottom bass freshman year, tenor captain this year!
                              hells yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X