Tama Star Maple Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tama Star Maple Kit

I’ve had this kit for about two years, played it twice, and FINALLY had a chance to gig it out last night. I suppose this is what happens when you have too many kits, and I suppose that I may have babied this one a bit. Used the matching snare, which sounded great, for the first set but swapped over to an Offbeat copper shown which seemed to work better for the room. These things sounded SO good. Feels so good to be playing out again. This was my band’s third post lockdown gig, but nothing else booked for now.
    Attached Files
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

That's a gorgeous kit steady! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Comment

Who did your head Steady?
      sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
        Who did your head Steady?
        Had the folks at DrumArt do it. Their new design program on their website is pretty easy to use. When blown up, the image lost a bit of its sharpness, but I’m very happy with the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
          That's a gorgeous kit steady! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
          Thanks Matt. I’ve finally hooked up with a good band again. Once things fully open up, I hope to be able to get these drums some steady (swidt?) use. Really weird playing a gig where dancing is prohibited though.

Comment

Steady, That’s a beautiful kit; it’s tastefully high class. I really like the the Star tom stand too. That must make positioning the tom a breeze. I’m guessing the small tripod base is adequate for stability?
            Last edited by quicksticks; 05-10-2021, 12:29 PM.
            Drumming since 1961.
            Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
            Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
            Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by steadypocket View Post
              Had the folks at DrumArt do it. Their new design program on their website is pretty easy to use. When blown up, the image lost a bit of its sharpness, but I’m very happy with the result.
              That’s what i figured. They do great work.
              sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

That is a really nice kit! I am glad you were able to play out again.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
                6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
                Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
                Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
                Tama Octobans

Comment

Outstanding set of drums. Beautiful kit.
                  Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                  22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Looks great! How would you compare the sound of your Star Maples to your Starclassic Maples?
                    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

Now there is a kit I'd like to see quality photos of!

Glad to hear you're out and giggin' again. Wish we all could be so lucky!

Comment

Whats the point of that snare stand thingy? Can you just mount the tom off the cymbal stand next to it?

Comment

Originally posted by keaton_86 View Post
                          Whats the point of that snare stand thingy? Can you just mount the tom off the cymbal stand next to it?
                          Maybe if the stand was a foot closer and the legs where spread a bit more...?

Have you never seen Tama’s Air Ride snare stand? I think it a pretty cool concept that they recently(?) applied to the age old tom in a snare stand idea. I believe this version is made specifically for toms as it can accommodate deeper drums.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quicksticks View Post
                            Steady, That’s a beautiful kit; it’s tastefully high class. I really like the the Star tom stand too. That must make positioning the tom a breeze. I’m guessing the small tripod base is adequate for stability?
                            Indeed they are stable, providing that the tom is properly positioned directly above the legs. Positioning is a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchLyons View Post
                              Looks great! How would you compare the sound of your Star Maples to your Starclassic Maples?
                              Similar, but I can’t describe any differences with certainty because I’ve kept coated heads on the Star kit. As a general rule I dislike coated heads on toms, except that this kit sounded so great with coated heads that I didn’t dare tamper with success. As warm as a mid-summer afternoon. Additionally the two kits are of different sizes, except for the floor toms.

Comment

Working...
                              X