Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning up the drum space...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Just finished this guy up tonight.

    Same upgrades as the maple.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DEF377C9-4411-4C8B-9C94-642D107FA8D5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	5217643
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      I have the same snare. What improvements did you make?
      sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

      Comment


      • #33
        I have the same snare. What improvements did you make?
        sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
          I have the same snare. What improvements did you make?
          I just realized I never posted what I did to the maple one. Lol

          Both received new heads, top and bottom, as well as nylon washers, Puresound snares, and Fat Tone hoops.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Nice...I have a firecracker off to my left on my kit but I've been debating on something different or "upgrading" it some....

            Kit Pix
            Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
              Nice...I have a firecracker off to my left on my kit but I've been debating on something different or "upgrading" it some....
              Of course you have.
              sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
                Of course you have.
                Debating =/= doing.

                Kit Pix
                Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                  Nice...I have a firecracker off to my left on my kit but I've been debating on something different or "upgrading" it some....
                  Nice. Is it steel or wood?

                  I’ve been using my Aluminum Sensitone for my main snare cranked medium tight. If I have a side snare, lately I’ve been going with something like a 14”x8” tuned low and fat with jingles.

                  I DID just pick up a Mangini snare that will be getting a bit of love soon. It came without the Opti (I ordered one right away), but that’s more than likely why I got such a good deal on it at just under $240. It’s also the first Pearl drum I’ve owned that has the Ref. Pure lugs. I’d never even seen them in person until it arrived.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Josh Conover View Post
                    Nice. Is it steel or wood?

                    I’ve been using my Aluminum Sensitone for my main snare cranked medium tight. If I have a side snare, lately I’ve been going with something like a 14”x8” tuned low and fat with jingles.

                    I DID just pick up a Mangini snare that will be getting a bit of love soon. It came without the Opti (I ordered one right away), but that’s more than likely why I got such a good deal on it at just under $240. It’s also the first Pearl drum I’ve owned that has the Ref. Pure lugs. I’d never even seen them in person until it arrived.
                    It’s wood. I’m not a huge fan of steel (or any metal really) drums. Just my preference. I got a deal on the fc so couldn’t say no. It’s cranked and sounds super tight.

                    Kit Pix
                    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                      It’s wood. I’m not a huge fan of steel (or any metal really) drums. Just my preference. I got a deal on the fc so couldn’t say no. It’s cranked and sounds super tight.
                      That’s fair. I’m a huge fan of my aluminum Sensitone, but if I’m not using that, I prefer maple.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Josh Conover View Post
                        That’s fair. I’m a huge fan of my aluminum Sensitone, but if I’m not using that, I prefer maple.
                        I had a beaded black brass Sensitone 14x5.5 that is the only metal snare I ever really liked. Regret selling it tbh.

                        Kit Pix
                        Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                          I had a beaded black brass Sensitone 14x5.5 that is the only metal snare I ever really liked. Regret selling it tbh.
                          Have you played one of the aluminum?

                          My first Pearl snare was the 14”x6.5” Limited Edition Black on Brass (leftover 1.5mm Steve Ferone Sig.) snare. It used to have satin hardware, but that was put on a Session Studio Select in Black Halo to match my other kit. The LE BoB now has all chrome parts again but has been upgraded with Mastercast hoops and the new SR-150 Click Lock strainer.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	9650EB49-4689-40FD-8436-A699F1273819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	5217692

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	7551D79D-5FC5-47A6-9CD5-F81E276B9327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	5217693

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	438E449A-B13C-4105-B2FC-1EF63038B12F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	5217694
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Halo+Satin HW= Pure WIN.
                            sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Josh Conover View Post
                              Have you played one of the aluminum?

                              My first Pearl snare was the 14”x6.5” Limited Edition Black on Brass (leftover 1.5mm Steve Ferone Sig.) snare. It used to have satin hardware, but that was put on a Session Studio Select in Black Halo to match my other kit. The LE BoB now has all chrome parts again but has been upgraded with Mastercast hoops and the new SR-150 Click Lock strainer.

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]521247[/ATTACH]

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]521248[/ATTACH]

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]521249[/ATTACH]
                              I haven’t…ever since switching to a 13x7 Black Panther Blaster back when I briefly played Mapex, and the subsequent Masterworks snare I had made (also 13x7). I’ve been pretty much locked into wood. I probably should have at least one metal snare in my library for recording tho…can never have too many voices….

                              Kit Pix
                              Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                                …can never have too many voices….
                                Lol, with over 20 snares (assembled anyway) I can totally agree with that!!!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X