Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cjbee's Gretsch Renown Maple in the studio -- now with 142% more audio and video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cjbee's Gretsch Renown Maple in the studio -- now with 142% more audio and video!

EDIT 1/8/2012: Hey guys...our album is up for purchase on iTunes!

Preview - http://anameunheard.bandcamp.com/
    Purchase - http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/human/id494360301

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgHOnfgHno

As far as the kit:

Gretsch Renown Maple in Deep Inca Gold Sparkle
    12x9 (Remo Vintage Emperor coated over Remo Ambassador coated)
    14x14 (Remo Vintage Emperor coated over Remo Ambassador coated)
    20x16 (Evans EMAD over Remo Fiberskyn 3 Ambassador w/ offset Gretsch logo)

14x6.5 Dunnett Stainless Steel (Remo CS coated/Remo Hazy Ambassador)

15" Zildjian K Light Hats
    22" Zildjian K Constantinople Medium-Thin Low Ride (left-side crash)
    24" Zildjian K Light Ride
    22" Dream Bliss Crash/Ride (far-right crash)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cjbee; 03-13-2013, 03:51 AM.

Dude. I. Love. Your. Kit. So. Much.

I love how tight it is and the bass head looks awesome too. And they sound great! Rep bro!
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

Comment

I have looked and looked for a kit in this color with a 24'', for a long time... yours is great... enjoy!
      sigpic
      When you drop a drum putting it into the case!!

Comment

Love it bro.
        Absolutely killer, as always.

How did that head combo on the toms work out for you?
        Originally posted by ttaM
        jamfelt is a way of life. it's its own culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay View Post
          Love it bro.
          Absolutely killer, as always.

How did that head combo on the toms work out for you?
          It's a fantastic combo...probably my favourite yet on these drums. They worked great in the studio...they were open and resonant, but didn't exactly "sing" and didn't have that extra sustain that's usually needed to project in un-mic'd live situations: basically just a short, really round, and warm punch -- definitely vintage as implied by the name. Not plastic-y/slappy sounding at all.

Comment

Love that kit, how do you like the 15 k light hats ?
            time in the studio is always great fun,listened to video drums sound good, post final mix when done
            cheers
            sigpic

Comment

mans DIGS is just so great!

and really so is that Dunnett Stainless, without a doubt the best steel drum I've ever played....

Comment

Originally posted by cjbee View Post
                It's a fantastic combo...probably my favourite yet on these drums. They worked great in the studio...they were open and resonant, but didn't exactly "sing" and didn't have that extra sustain that's usually needed to project in un-mic'd live situations: basically just a short, really round, and warm punch -- definitely vintage as implied by the name. Not plastic-y/slappy sounding at all.
                Fantastic.

That's exactly what I want for my Slingerlands in the studio. Thanks man. I'll likely be picking up a few of those heads soon.

Your stuff sounds great. I'll be looking forward to hearing some final mixes. Let me know when you guys get it up for sale.
                Originally posted by ttaM
                jamfelt is a way of life. it's its own culture.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL.

as always.

diggin the track. also, what prompted the change up to the 12" tom from the 10"?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaM View Post
                    BEAUTIFUL.

as always.

diggin the track. also, what prompted the change up to the 12" tom from the 10"?
                    Hmmm...well, for one, it sounds 'bigger' than the 10", but that's kind of a given. I don't know. I've been going for different sounds lately...less jazzy and sing-y and more thumpy and lower-pitched -- especially on the rack tom and kick.
                    Last edited by cjbee; 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvm View Post
                      Love that kit, how do you like the 15 k light hats ?
                      time in the studio is always great fun,listened to video drums sound good, post final mix when done
                      cheers
                      Thanks...will do! You guys will probably have first peak at all the final mixes (apart from me and my bandmates, of course!).

I like the K Lights...I don't love them, but I think I'm still getting over the difference between these and the 18" crash hats I played for a couple years or so before switching to these. Regardless, they performed well in the studio...crisp, dark, but still cutting enough without being too brash or harsh. Some of the best hi-hats that Zildjian makes, in my eyes.

Comment

Your kit has been popular on this forum for awhile now (and rightfully so). I'm sure ALL will be excited to hear final mixes. Way to go DUDE! Makes me want to shell out for a 24" K Light Ride. It's beautiful.
                        DW Drums in Black Mirra: 24x18, 16x14, 12x9, 14x6.5
                        Zildjian: 16" K Light Hi Hats --> 20" A Crash Ride --> 20" K Crash Ride --> 24" K Light Ride
                        DW Frequent Flyer: 20x12, 14x11, 12x8, 14x5.5
                        Zildjian: 16" K Light Hi Hats --> 12" A Custom Splash --> 12" A Splash --> 21" Sweet Ride

Comment

i dig. i've always kind of preferred my 12" over my 10" just sounds a lot more full and robust.

Comment

This might not be kit related (although the kit looks and sound superb ^^), but i do have to ask - what was the total financial strain - studio wise?
                            ka-PAU

Comment

Originally posted by ProFTW View Post
                              This might not be kit related (although the kit looks and sound superb ^^), but i do have to ask - what was the total financial strain - studio wise?
                              YHPM.

Comment

Working...
                              X