May-sex - Mapex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May-sex - Mapex

I Play a Mapex M Birch in Trans Sapphire. Its not top of the range, its nothing special, but it's mione! and i fxcking love it i just thought I'd share my pride and joy with you.
    I'm a 17 year old apprentice mechanic so i cant afford a lot, haven't really bought much since i got the job actually, but everything on the kit i have worked for, and that feels better than having a kit because mummy and daddy are too **** wealthy!

Batters are Evans G2 Coated, Evans EMAD clear on the kick, and a Remo Weather king coated ambassador on the snare.
    Ress are Evans G1, Evans EQ3 on the kick, and REMO hazy side on the snare (i think)
    pedals are DW4000 doubles, which will soon be replaced by a shiny set of Mapex Falcons if all goes well
    hardware is just the Mapex standard stuff.
    Cymbals:
    Zildjian A custom Special Recording 12" hats
    Zildjian ZXT 16" medium/thin crash
    Zildjian 18" Z Custom China
    Meinl Classics 14" Medium crash
    20" Paiste 400 Power Ride

oh and can't forget the Pearl 6" cowbell (not in pics)

gone for the one up one down set up just recently, just feels so easy to play, and takes up less space!
    feedback welcomed

Mapex M Birch
    My YouTube Channel
    I know why you plague me, I know why you plague yourself.

Sweet rig !!! Looks like fun to me !!!
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Thats a scairy looking china. Sweet kit man.

Comment

Cheers, i LOVE the china! Really after a BIG oriental china next
        Mapex M Birch
        My YouTube Channel
        I know why you plague me, I know why you plague yourself.

Comment

I'm definitely digging the set-up, man.

What's it like playing hats that small? How do they sound?

Comment

I like the setup man, but how in the world do u play that china like that??
            Originally posted by dexplosion
            Soon, there will be no drummers, only a guy standing in the background clapping.

Comment

Awesome set! love it dude!
              "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
              Buddy Rich

sigpic

Comment

Nice finish. Do you hit the china on the top? How do you have it mounted now?
                Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

Comment

Thousands of drummers mount their chinas like that. From Ndugu to Chad Smith. You can hit it anywhere with a glancing blow.

Comment

I hate seeing chinas mounted like that. Can't really lay into the flange of it with the shaft of the stick when it's like that, me. Ah well. Nice kit other than that.
                    Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

www.twitter.com/MAbbottWriting
                    www.facebook.com/maarkabbottwriting
                    Incarnate, Book 1 of Ageless, due Q2-3 2016!

Comment

Originally posted by mf daniel View Post
                      Thousands of drummers mount their chinas like that. From Ndugu to Chad Smith. You can hit it anywhere with a glancing blow.
                      Yeah, I thought of Chad Smith when I saw it. I think maybe he's come to his senses now though. Does he still mount it like that? It's surely a fad. Or a measure to make it intentionally challenging to play. I see no value in it personally, but whatever floats your boat.
                      Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

Comment

Originally posted by MattKeaton View Post
                        Yeah, I thought of Chad Smith when I saw it. I think maybe he's come to his senses now though. Does he still mount it like that? It's surely a fad. Or a measure to make it intentionally challenging to play. I see no value in it personally, but whatever floats your boat.
                        Chad Smith sometimes had 2 chinas, one mounted the normal way and one mounted that way above it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X