Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 7 months of having them stored, they're back up again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 7 months of having them stored, they're back up again!

Well They aren't in their natural habitat at the moment but my front room will have to do for now. Finally got the carpet that's cut to the exactish measurement of the basement (where they will be going). So i decided to set the kit up and see if it fits inside the carpet and success. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to play them as i live in an apartment complex (FAIL), so i just set them up to look nice Here are the pics they were taken off my iphone so sorry for the quality, so enjoy!
    Attached Files

sigpic
    Originally posted by Maark
    I'd say happy birthday, but eh, he's just Dan.

Some more
    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Nice kit man! So your setting them up to put in a basement where you can't play them?

jamie
      Originally posted by Quint
      Here you go, Jamie. You've earned it.;)
      sigpic

Comment

Looks good, Dan! Go ahead and give 'em about 15 minutes of play time. Cops won't be there that soon, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jamie Patterson View Post
          Nice kit man! So your setting them up to put in a basement where you can't play them?

jamie
          Cheers man, I can play them in the basement just not in the flat. Im setting them up now to tease myself and to make sure it fits in the in the basement.

Originally posted by erwinner View Post
          Looks good, Dan! Go ahead and give 'em about 15 minutes of play time. Cops won't be there that soon, right?
          Lol, I would love to mate, but chances are i would get evicted or something like that

sigpic

Comment

Ahhhh makes more sense now haha! Specs?
            Originally posted by Quint
            Here you go, Jamie. You've earned it.;)
            sigpic

Comment

Beautiful kit! Not a sparkle fan but on Saturns I seem to like 'em more... And I am a big Saturn fan... ;-)

Kit Pix
              Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha
              sigpic

Comment

Great kit. I would have loved to see the look on your neighbors' faces when you were moving in, lol.
                sigpic
                Pearl Masterworks Kit - Tamo Tangerine fade to Natural with Satin
                (22x18(2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x16, 18x16, 14x6.5 20ply snare)

Pearl Masters Kit - Vintage Wine
                (20x16, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14)

Comment

Real nice set up Dan. Real puurdy! Did you use roughly the same dimensions I gave you the other day?

BTW, do you have a favorite football team?
                  Originally posted by dexplosion
                  Boom stands are for sissies.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie Patterson View Post
                    Ahhhh makes more sense now haha! Specs?
                    The specs are:
                    Mapex saturn in Galaxy burst sparkle, looks amazing under a lighting i might add
                    10x8 tom
                    12x9 tom
                    14x14 floor
                    16x16 floor
                    22x20 bass
                    14x7 matching snare
                    14x5 chad smith sig
                    12x7 pearl maple soprano (may favourite snare)
                    not pictured
                    13x3 piccolo snare

cymbals are most sabian
                    18 AAX stage china
                    14 AAX stage hi hats
                    20 AAX stage ride
                    14 pro mini chinese
                    17 HHX xplosion crash
                    20 HHX evolution ride (my favourite)
                    10 Meinl MCS splash
                    10 AAx stage splash
                    14 Pro sonix crash
                    16 AAX stage crash
                    14 vintage zyn hi hats
                    20 (old) B8 pro ride (love the bell on it)

Most of the hardware is pearl like double pedal (eliminator), stands and rack system. As well with some bits and pieces of mapex, gibraltar, dixon.
                    Half of the skins are Evans EC2s and the rest are Remos. Will be changing them all to Evans EG1 or 2.

Originally posted by Jonah Hex View Post
                    Beautiful kit! Not a sparkle fan but on Saturns I seem to like 'em more... And I am a big Saturn fan... ;-)
                    Thanks Im a bit fan of your saturn as well!
                    Originally posted by Zombie5150 View Post
                    Great kit. I would have loved to see the look on your neighbors' faces when you were moving in, lol.
                    Lol they didn't see me move in thankfully. But i did tell downstairs and the flat next to me i am a drummer. They immediately asked if i would be playing at all. I said i wouldn't be, I didn't want to make any enimies lol.
                    Originally posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
                    Real nice set up Dan. Real puurdy! Did you use roughly the same dimensions I gave you the other day?

BTW, do you have a favorite football team?
                    Pretty much the same as you apart from im using 14x14 and a 16x16 where as you said you were getting rock floors 16x16 18x16. I would have gone with rock floor but i couldn't manage it at the time.
                    Not enough of a football fan to have a team, but i do watch it when ever it's on.

Cheers for all your comments peeps

sigpic

Comment

its good to see the galaxy burst will be back in action!

Comment

Awesome Saturn, bro! tight set up too. its very interesting how you set the side rack a bit low and leaving the middle section un-racked looks cool. Can we get clearer pics on bass reso? (edit: its on your sig already..my bad ) looks beautiful! and i kinda like your mat too.. Sweet! REPs
                        sigpic

Winner of Best large kit over 5 pieces category ~ PDF ANNUAL AWARDS 2009 - DOTM February 2011

Some trolls grew up and finally move on with real lifes. Some others will keep on trolling for they recharge their inner energy through conflicts..even it is just the internet. shame..

Comment

Cheers overlord!!

Boom, I'll be getting a camera soonish so I'll take some better pics of the kit and reso, cheers for the kind comments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Dan View Post
                            Cheers overlord!!

Boom, I'll be getting a camera soonish so I'll take some better pics of the kit and reso, cheers for the kind comments.
                            Sweet! Lookin forward for the pics. Cheers
                            sigpic

Winner of Best large kit over 5 pieces category ~ PDF ANNUAL AWARDS 2009 - DOTM February 2011

Some trolls grew up and finally move on with real lifes. Some others will keep on trolling for they recharge their inner energy through conflicts..even it is just the internet. shame..

Comment

Very nice kit! I have the saturn in the same finish and like how that white reso looks on the bass drum! Might have to get a white one for mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X