my second Allegra Master Craft kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my second Allegra Master Craft kit!

New kit came in today... a few things are prototype (that are not going to be offered by the company) so I cant really go into complete details about them... The kit sounds AMAZING... both snares sound perfect and the kick is a CANNON!

side note: I do not normally play two snares, but since I had the second stand from the rack tom on my other kit I set the 14" up so I can mess with both new snares at the same time...

Kit: Allegra Master Craft Series in charcoal satin burst to flat black

19"x24" Kick (ps3 clear/ps3 fiberskin)
    6.5"x12" Rack (coated ambassador/clear ambassador)
    13"x16" Floor (coated ambassador/clear ambassador)
    6"x13" Snare (coated cs clear dot/ambassador hazy)
    6.5"x14" Snare *burled cherry outer ply* (coated cs clear dot/ambassador hazy)

Cymbals: Meinl Byzance Traditional
    14" medium hats
    20" medium crash
    22" medium crash
    24" medium ride
    18" china
    8" classics medium bell

Hardware: DW 9000 and a Roc N' Soc nitro throne

That is one slick set-up man. What kind of music do you play on that beast?
    Pearl | Promark | Meinl | Remo

Comment

Looks great! I'm loving the new suspended floor tom legs! Definitely a much-needed improvement over the old design.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavvyjack View Post
        That is one slick set-up man. What kind of music do you play on that beast?
        Originally posted by thismercifulfate View Post
        Looks great! I'm loving the new suspended floor tom legs! Definitely a much-needed improvement over the old design.
        I've been playing in indie bands for the past few years... the stuff is low not to be fashionable, but because I'm pretty short... I'm playing a short stack rack tom to compensate for the increase in bass drum size (so the tom is the same hight and placement as my 8x12/16x20 set up)... also, there IS reasoning behind the flat cymbals too... if you look closely at the photos everything is fairly close to one another (height wise) and I keep my cymbals VERY loose (thanks to dw's slack adjustment!) so keeping them flat keeps them from smacking into one another... I tried making them higher with a slight tilt but could not get used to it...

They are working on a revised floor tom leg design (an improved version of the old one), HOWEVER, the suspended brackets ARE NOT an option on Allegra kits... It was something special Dave and Tony agreed to do for me since I play my toms so damn low (I'm only 5'5" so thats where they are comfy for me haha)... It allowed me to lower my tom about a half inch while still leaving an ample amount of knurling above and below the clamp...

Comment

That looks beautiful, man. I don't like it quite as much as the other one, just because i'm not a fan of kicks that deep, but that finish is gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of black finishes, and I love how that one looks flat black from some angles yet has the rich burst from others. Just lovely.
          My Ludwig Classic Maples

Comment

Originally posted by L'Astronaut View Post
            That looks beautiful, man. I don't like it quite as much as the other one, just because i'm not a fan of kicks that deep, but that finish is gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of black finishes, and I love how that one looks flat black from some angles yet has the rich burst from others. Just lovely.
            Thanks much man... The charcoal satin base coat also has some silver pearlescent mixed in with the stain so it is slightly light reflective... The kick is not really THAT deep considering 18x24 is a standard size, but that extra inch adds a little more boom to the drum (think roland 808 kick haha)... The other kit serves its purpose, and I have no plans of ever getting rid of it... plus it's nice to have polar opposite sized kits especially when it comes time to record...

Comment

dude you're hi hat is freeking high lol love the kit and u don't play that low im around 6 foot 6 foot 1 and i play prob about the same hight
              -"Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life"-
              -"The journey is often more exciting than the destination"-
              Play whatever you think sounds good,
              don't let anyone tell you what to play or how to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazykid View Post
                dude you're hi hat is freeking high lol love the kit and u don't play that low im around 6 foot 6 foot 1 and i play prob about the same hight
                haha, well in the opinion of others I play low... Then again, if you have ever seen the drummer from Hella... He plays LOW... I'm just more concerned with how comfy I am behind the kit and my ability to get around the drums without having to move up or down (everything is on a close enough playing field) and as far as the hats, they are pretty much even with my ride since I play on the edge more then I do the top of the hats...

Comment

Wow, that kit is absolutely gorgeous.
                  "It is my supposition that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we CAN suppose." - J.S. Haldane

My Playing
                  My Artwork

My Drums: Home, Gigs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattwalker_21 View Post
                    Wow, that kit is absolutely gorgeous.
                    Thanks much dood!

Comment

wow !!! that is a phenominal looking set up !

Comment

drool.... absolutely beautiful!
                        2004 DW Maple Collector Series - 1966 Ludwig Hollywood
                        Vic Firth - Evans - Natural Light

Comment

That is insane man! You've got two gorgeous kits! I love them both
                          Pearl MLX 13" 16" 24"( with White Marine Pearl wrap and new brass hardware)
                          Pearl MMX Natural finish 10" 14" 20"
                          Roland TD6 with a Yamaha rack
                          sigpic
                          My bands: Home Junior - Reesus

Comment

Originally posted by jonah_benjamin View Post
                            That is insane man! You've got two gorgeous kits! I love them both
                            thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Man this thing is nice as hell. I can't get into such huge kicks, probably due to the Powersonic head that was on the 24" kick I had. I really like the looks of the blurred Cherry snare...how's it sound?
                              My band: THE JAWN

Comment

Working...
                              X