Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to the forum: Allegra Mastercraft kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum: Allegra Mastercraft kit...

As said in the title I just joined, so I figured for a first post might as well post up the kit haha... This is my first kit Dave and Tony built for me as an Allegra artist... I have a second kit in the works as of right now (with slightly different sizes) but this guy is not going anywhere since it sounds so damn good haha...

Drums:
    Allegra Mastercraft 6 ply maple w/ 10 ply maple hoops in automotive lacquer
    8x12
    14x14 (not pictured)
    14x16
    16x20
    6.5x13 aluminum shell snare w/ 10 ply maple hoops

edit: all toms have vintage emperor coated on top, clear ambassadors on bottom... kick has a powerstroke3 clear on the batter and a powerstroke3 fiberskin on the reso... snare has a ambassador hazy bottom and a powerstroke4 coated on top which I cut the dampening ring out of... I also use twisted 20 strand puresound snare wires on my snare drum

Cymbals:
    Meinl Byzance Traditional
    14" medium hats
    22" medium crash
    24" medium ride

Hardware:
    (2x's) Yamaha single braced convertible booms
    (2x's) DW 9000 snare stands
    DW 9000 single pedal
    DW 9000 hi hat stand
    Rock N' Soc Nitro throne

As well as the new kit I have some DW 9700 boom/straight stands, a 9002 double pedal, Byzance 20" medium crash, Byzance 18" china and a Tradionals 8" med bell coming soon... the kit plays AMAZING and is hands down the best kit I have ever played (blows my previous few kits including a starclassic exotix out of the water)...
    Last edited by seanbrian; 05-25-2010, 12:06 AM.

Welcome to the PDF, and really sweet kit! I think those are some of the more desireable sizes I can think of in the current drum market, I'd love a 1-up, 2-down with a 20" kick.

Allegra makes beautiful drums, I live 10 blocks down the street from them!
    www.revivaldrumshop.com

Comment

one of the best looking kits i've ever seen

those sizes are perfect too, im thinking of building a similar kit this summer
      and now this just makes me want to do it more and more!

any other pics?
      PDP: 24x18,12x9,16x14
      Pork pie: 14x6.5 snare
      Zildjian:6.5":zil-bel
      Saluda: 20" diamond crash, 22" diamond ride, 19" nemesis china
      Meinl:14":Byzance Dark Hats 21":Byzance med. ride

Comment

Beautiful kit and welcome to the Forum !!
        Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
        22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

I'll get some other photos tonight when I return home from work... the new kit is going to be a bit different (20x24, 6.5x12, and a 14x16 in a charcoal finish with a special snare drum dave and I are coming up with haha...)

Comment

My my, that's a beauty.

Awesome kit, congratulations.
            I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

Comment

Welcome to the PDF! That's a very lovely Allegra kit! I'm blessed to be able to play on Allegra kits almost every day at my college. They really are some of the nicest drums out there! Their shell hardware designs are pure genious, although I have a bit of a gripe with the floor tom leg holders - they tend to come loose and it can greatly affect the tuning of those 3 lugs and the sound of your floor toms. Other than that, the attention to detail and build quality is stellar.

Comment

the kits absolutely beautiful. welcome to the forum!

Comment

Holy smokes, that kit is gorgeous! You really can't beat a natural finish, especially with wood hoops. Welcome to the forum!
                  "It is my supposition that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we CAN suppose." - J.S. Haldane

My Playing
                  My Artwork

My Drums: Home, Gigs

sigpic

Comment

That is one of the nicest kits i've seen on here in quite some time. Everything about it is pretty much perfection. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we would love some more pictures!
                    My Ludwig Classic Maples

Comment

Holy wow! That's one of the most beautiful kits I've ever seen on the forum. The natural finish, the wood hoops, the Allegra lugs, the sizes...everything is so gorgeous! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

I think it's kinda' funny, though, that you have this size of kit, yet you have a rock/pop/punk kit with all Meinls coming up. It seems almost ironic, when you think about it. I would've never thought that those two kits would coincide with the same drummer. **scratches head**
                      My Pages:

YouTube
                      Facebook
                      Instagram

Comment

Stunning kit and finish fella, very jealous. Can't beat a nice setup like that, it's my fav setup when gigging.

sigpic
                        Originally posted by Maark
                        I'd say happy birthday, but eh, he's just Dan.

Comment

Very impressive kit!
                          Welcome to here.
                          PEARL REFERENCE GRANITE SPARKLE

Comment

amazing kit dude! love the natural finish and the lugs, nice cymbals too
                            MAPEX PRO-M Boston Pewter Fade
                            10x8
                            12x9
                            14x14
                            22x18

Dark Horse Custom Snare
                            14x7

Comment

Love it! Rep to you buddy!
                              Check my Odery Kit out here and here
                              Cymbals supplied by www.cymbalvault.com.au Sticks supplied by Silverfox
                              My Band: By Design
                              Down our whole album FREE from www.by-design.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X