Nickel's Rock VSX v.2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chloroformation View Post
    I dunno man, your kit is BEGGING for a 24" ride. But if you want something more along the lines of your Z Custom, you won't find something like that in 24" (unless you go for the chris adler ride ). otherwise I'd go for the 2002 heavy ride, maybe a K heavy ride (I've got one that I'm totally in love with), and check out the signature dry heavy from paiste. beast of a cymbal!
    for crashes maybe try the paiste 2002 crash- its a little thinner than the medium crash and it is for sure brighter than the twenty.
    Yeah but a 24" ride would necessitate a bigger cymbal carrying device, in which case I'd want an SKB hard case, and those two together are, well...a lot. I'd love a 24", and maybe one day it'll happen, but not right now. Besides, I could go back and forth between the 2002 and the Giant Beat until ROMAN manages to get a 19.25" 2002 Black Reflector Wild Full Thin Crash made.

Anyway, the whole point of replacing my Z-Custom is to get something different. Shouldn't be hard, the Power Ride is about as thick as a monster truck's brake drum, nowhere to go but thinner!. I'd love a 22" K Heavy but those, like a 24", are expensive (if you can even find one), so right now I'm looking at a 22" Wild Ride, 22" Ride, and 22" Heavy Ride, all 2002s.

I'd like to get the entire arsenal of 20" 2002 crashes eventually, minus the Power Crash. I got that before I got the Twenty and took it back. It's a ride cymbal and it knows it. Now that you mention the regular Crashes though...what about having twin 22s?

14" A New Beat Hi-Hats
    22" 2002 Heavy Ride
    22" 2002 Crash
    20" 2002 Medium Crash

Yeah, that sounds nice.
    Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16
    1970s Gretsch USA - 22x14 | 12x8 | 13x9 | 16x16
    1960s Rogers Holiday - 20x14 | 13x9 | 16x16

Comment

Originally posted by FiliptheNickel View Post
      Yeah but a 24" ride would necessitate a bigger cymbal carrying device, in which case I'd want an SKB hard case, and those two together are, well...a lot. I'd love a 24", and maybe one day it'll happen, but not right now. Besides, I could go back and forth between the 2002 and the Giant Beat until ROMAN manages to get a 19.25" 2002 Black Reflector Wild Full Thin Crash made.

Anyway, the whole point of replacing my Z-Custom is to get something different. Shouldn't be hard, the Power Ride is about as thick as a monster truck's brake drum, nowhere to go but thinner!. I'd love a 22" K Heavy but those, like a 24", are expensive (if you can even find one), so right now I'm looking at a 22" Wild Ride, 22" Ride, and 22" Heavy Ride, all 2002s.

I'd like to get the entire arsenal of 20" 2002 crashes eventually, minus the Power Crash. I got that before I got the Twenty and took it back. It's a ride cymbal and it knows it. Now that you mention the regular Crashes though...what about having twin 22s?

14" A New Beat Hi-Hats
      22" 2002 Heavy Ride
      22" 2002 Crash
      20" 2002 Medium Crash

Yeah, that sounds nice.
      that sounds very nice! those heavy rides are sick! maybe throw a 24" 2002 crash on there and you're set

I got my 22" K heavy for about 200 USD actually. you can find them on ebay once in a while.
      Updated Kit
      Xbox Live: Wilbus247
      Play drums the way you want to, because you want to. Have fun doing so. Be inspired by other drummers, not discouraged, there will always be someone better than you, try to have your own voice behind the kit, be yourself. -Brann Dailor of Mastodon

Comment

Still loving the kit man! Everything about it is awesome. Have some rep on me (I'm now singing the riff to have a drink on me by ACDC)
        You are dyslexic?

sigpic

Comment

I will take the APX off your hands

Sonor Select Force - Smooth Brown Burst
          22 x 20
          22 x 20
          10 x 6.5
          12 x 7
          14 x 12
          16 x 14

Comment

Yeah but a 24" ride would necessitate a bigger cymbal carrying device, in which case I'd want an SKB hard case, and those two together are, well...a lot. I'd love a 24", and maybe one day it'll happen, but not right now.
            I got the SKB 24" vault for the price of the normal one. Massmusic has them at a really good price for only $120. I had justdrums match the price and I got it in like 2 days, I loooove it.

PS, look into Zildjian Avedis 24" medium ride, as far as 24" rides go, it's not that pricey, and I love the sound of mine. haha
            Ludwig '76 Classic - 24, 14, 16, 18
            Ludwig 14x8 Supralite

My band: Horseburner

Comment

that sounds very nice! those heavy rides are sick! maybe throw a 24" 2002 crash on there and you're set

I got my 22" K heavy for about 200 USD actually. you can find them on ebay once in a while.
              They are, and now that I've come up with the 22" ride & crash combo I'm leaning more towards the Heavy. I feel lucky that I find so many cymbals attractive, but it's just hard to find which one I like best. If I could I'd buy all three.
              And you found a good deal on that K Heavy. The ones that I've come across have ended up going for between $350-$400. That's how much they cost back when Zildjian still offered them!

Originally posted by SabbathBloodySabbath View Post
              Still loving the kit man! Everything about it is awesome. Have some rep on me (I'm now singing the riff to have a drink on me by ACDC)
              Thanks! I love AC/DC, Bad Boy Boogie is one of my favorite songs to drum to

Originally posted by -Zebracurtainz- View Post
              I will take the APX off your hands
              Hahaha he didn't retire, just on vacation

Originally posted by antiviolent View Post
              I got the SKB 24" vault for the price of the normal one. Massmusic has them at a really good price for only $120. I had justdrums match the price and I got it in like 2 days, I loooove it.

PS, look into Zildjian Avedis 24" medium ride, as far as 24" rides go, it's not that pricey, and I love the sound of mine. haha
              It'll come some day, I have no doubts about that. But first I wanna get a replacement for the Z-Custom and I feel more comfortable with a 22" as my go-to ride. And don't think I've forgotten Zildjian's classic monster
              Pearl Masters Custom MCX - 24x18 | 22x18 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 18x16

Comment

Some outdoor goodness for everybody

Unfortunately, the sun cooked the wrap a bit as I was taking the pictures, but after the drums cooled it smoothed back down again

Comment

awesome outdoor pics!

i took some outdoor pics today too. i will make a thread tomos(the pics are on the pc cos my laptop doesn't have a memory card slot and the camera don't have a usb)

moose

Comment

that set looks sweet in the sun man

Juan
                    Pearl Reference Redline Kit Updated with Demon Drive Pedals
                    Pearl VBX Concord Fade Updated 9/09/09

THE WHITE PEARL DRUM KIT CLUB

Comment

wish it hadn't been so hot- seeing your wrap cook is never fun. is that why the set of pics is incomplete?

they look pretty sexy in the sun man.
                      Updated Kit
                      Play drums the way you want to, because you want to. Have fun doing so. Be inspired by other drummers, not discouraged, there will always be someone better than you, try to have your own voice behind the kit, be yourself. -Brann Dailor of Mastodon

Comment

wish it hadn't been so hot- seeing your wrap cook is never fun. is that why the set of pics is incomplete?

they look pretty sexy in the sun man.
                        Thanks! Now the only thing left on the checklist is to get them under stage lights

What do you mean by incomplete?

Comment

Thanks! Now the only thing left on the checklist is to get them under stage lights

What do you mean by incomplete?
                          no cymbals man!
                          Updated Kit

Comment

no cymbals man!
                            Oh I did this just for the color :P

You can't see it in the pictures, but I did have my 2002 on a stand to pose with the rest of the kit. Only problem was that I couldn't see with it out in the sun. The thing is like a friggin mirror!

But yeah I still had my drums in my living room from when I recorded on Tuesday (hardware and such made it upstairs), so I just transferred them to the deck when the weather was finally nice enough.

Comment

Only problem was that I couldn't see with it out in the sun.
                              hahahahahaha

awesome. I personally love dirty cymbals- I never clean them, just dust them off before a gig (maybe...)
                              Updated Kit

Comment

hahahahahaha

awesome. I personally love dirty cymbals- I never clean them, just dust them off before a gig (maybe...)
                                Depends on the cymbal with me. I let my hi-hat's fester and I probably won't ever clean the Twenty, but I love the sheen on the 2002s. Plus cleaning it keeps it nice and bright

Comment

Working...
                                X