Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gretsch Renown Groove Machine [Spring 2009]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Cheers fellas!

    Originally posted by JeffreyKicks. View Post
    I found this little photo editing thing and I wanted to see what your kit looked like without the second ride.... for some reason...



    I think it looks cool with no background.
    Haha, nice. I think I'm going to try that setup.

    Comment


    • #62
      I love these drums so much...wow...love the k too
      "Without music, life would be a mistake."-Nietzsche

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by wbkdrum View Post
        I love these drums so much...wow...love the k too
        Thanks.

        Soundclips of the K Light soon hopefully...

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by cjbee View Post

          Haha, nice. I think I'm going to try that setup.
          It's a great setup! It will be sweet with your 22" and 24"!!


          ooh I look forward to the sound clip!
          Paiste Cymbals Artist | Innovative Percussion Artist
          jeffmeloen.com

          Comment


          • #65
            Connor do you ever play open-handed?

            Can't wait for a clip, I'm going to try and get clips for all my cymbals up, which brings me to this question: My recording for a 15 second clip is about 1.5mb. Now I thought that perhaps they record it directly to a lossless copy that I could convert to a lossy, but it appears that I am wrong. Do you know how I could reduce the total size?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by InSight View Post
              Connor do you ever play open-handed?

              Can't wait for a clip, I'm going to try and get clips for all my cymbals up, which brings me to this question: My recording for a 15 second clip is about 1.5mb. Now I thought that perhaps they record it directly to a lossless copy that I could convert to a lossy, but it appears that I am wrong. Do you know how I could reduce the total size?
              I've tried open handed here and there, but I totally suck at it, heh.

              Ummm...you should be able to get that 15 second clip to a much smaller file size...try opening it up in Audacity and then re-saving it as an MP3, using a lower bitrate (128kbps).

              Comment


              • #67
                Gretsch drums are awesome....nice!
                2002 Peavey RP 1000 6-pc, Gibraltar rack, Zildjian, Humes and Berg, ..Pearl P122TW
                2015 Ludwig Breakbeat
                2011 Tama Starclassic B/B

                Tama G-Maple 13x7 snare..Pearl m1270 maple 12x7 snare.

                Twitter https://twitter.com/Inaband

                Comment


                • #68
                  Connor,
                  You know what is even more awesome than the fact that we have the same name? Your kit. I mean, I've seen it before and everything, but it seems so clean and fun to play. Those Evans heads add to it for some reason, and seeing a Legacy Crash as a hi-hat makes me happy. It's weird, but your kit is generally a perfect kit! Still rockin the Krupa snare?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Aggressivec View Post
                    Connor,
                    You know what is even more awesome than the fact that we have the same name? Your kit. I mean, I've seen it before and everything, but it seems so clean and fun to play. Those Evans heads add to it for some reason, and seeing a Legacy Crash as a hi-hat makes me happy. It's weird, but your kit is generally a perfect kit! Still rockin the Krupa snare?
                    Thanks dude...although my name only has 1 'n'.

                    Yup, still have the Krupa snare...although it's been gathering more and more dust since I picked up the Acrolite.

                    Also, I posted a soundclip and a review of the 24" K Light over here: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=228293

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      You just need the 2nd floor tom and you'll REALLY be C.J. Johnson!
                      Pearl, the BEST reason to play drums

                      PDF PRESS


                      PHOTOGRAPHY - TWITTER - RUBBERDUCKY

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by rockCORE-Ant View Post
                        You just need the 2nd floor tom and you'll REALLY be C.J. Johnson!
                        That has a nice ring to it! I like!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by rockCORE-Ant View Post
                          You just need the 2nd floor tom and you'll REALLY be C.J. Johnson!
                          haha!

                          That's funny!
                          Paiste Cymbals Artist | Innovative Percussion Artist
                          jeffmeloen.com

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by cjbee View Post
                            I've tried open handed here and there, but I totally suck at it, heh.

                            Ummm...you should be able to get that 15 second clip to a much smaller file size...try opening it up in Audacity and then re-saving it as an MP3, using a lower bitrate (128kbps).
                            Okay, I'll give it a try.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by cjbee View Post
                              Thanks dude...although my name only has 1 'n'.

                              Yup, still have the Krupa snare...although it's been gathering more and more dust since I picked up the Acrolite.

                              Also, I posted a soundclip and a review of the 24" K Light over here: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=228293
                              Oh well thats unfortunate about the lack on an "n" in your name haha!

                              And I wasn't aware that you had an acrolite! What year is it? I love the sound of those guys, and it's especially cool since they are cheap.

                              I heard the sample of the Light Ride, and (surprise, surprise) it sounds fantastic. It must be your new favorite cymbal is it not?

                              All the best,

                              Connor with one "n".

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Aggressivec View Post
                                Oh well thats unfortunate about the lack on an "n" in your name haha!

                                And I wasn't aware that you had an acrolite! What year is it? I love the sound of those guys, and it's especially cool since they are cheap.

                                I heard the sample of the Light Ride, and (surprise, surprise) it sounds fantastic. It must be your new favorite cymbal is it not?

                                All the best,

                                Connor with one "n".
                                Yeah, I love my Acrolite. I can get a lot of great sounds from it, incredibly versatile drum. Definitely lives up to it's reputation. I think it was determined to be from around 1979-1984.

                                And yes, the K Light is amazing. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside everytime I play it. I don't know if it's quite my favourite cymbal...but it's definitely one of the finer pies I've ever had the joy of playing on. After a few band practices and gigs, I found that it just works so perfectly with our stuff and can go in so many different directions...it's just unreal.

                                Cheers, dude!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X