Finally, NEW KIT! Pearl VBX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, NEW KIT! Pearl VBX!

Whoa guys, this is only a semi pro Pearl but I am absolutely stunned!

Basically, I have been playing a five piece CB kit for four and a half years now. I'd wanted a
    better kit for most of those years but today I had the money to do so. From walking in, I'd established
    that a Vision was the quality and price I was looking for - although I was oepn to suggestions. I tried
    others - Tama and the likes although eveentually I felt they didn't top the Vision. After years of going
    around Glasgow studios and playing kits, the Pearls have always impressed me, so it became my choice.

Luckily they had a VBX in store, and after checking out the colours I wanted, what they had (Concorde Fade)
    was as close as I could have got! So no waiting for shipping either
    I also picked up a Zildjian 18"
    Armand Medium Thin Crash and traded the pedal they give you for an Eliminator double pedal - for
    a little extra cost.

I'm hugely happy with what I've bought, big cheers go out to the guys at Drum Central Glasgow - hugely
    helpful, and to Pearl for such a fantastic kit - no pro level, but after using a CB for years and going to this
    - I haven't felt so inspired. The bass drums a damn cannon and I haven't even changed heads or tuned
    yet - I cannot wait to see how this baby sounds when I do. Feels like teh inspirations coming back -
    playing feels so much easier and the drums sound so much more alive - what an excellent buy!

So, I'll stop talking and get on with some pics. The ones shown were prior to putting on splashes, but eveythings
    pretty much there.

Heres pics:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kev; 06-04-2008, 03:00 PM.

two more
    Attached Files

Comment

nice dude!

i recently just played a vision at li drum center and i was also very surprised and blown away how they sounded.

Comment

Very nice kit, and finish.
        I want that Zildjian crash =]
        Green Kit Army :D

SRX_Factory Metal_Sabian_Vater_Aquarian_Mapex

Comment

looks great!! i'm sure you'll be really happy with it. =]
          add my band! click.
          my solo music. click.

Comment

Beautiful finish!!
            DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - SABIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Comment

dude, i want that crash soooo bad.
              how is it?

Comment

Very nice crash. Asides a splash its my first pro-level cymbal and sounds absolutley excellent - very deep and quite dark but I suppose any 18"'s do when I've only ever used 16"s before.

Comment

That finish is impressive. I wasn't expecting it. Good choice on the Armand too, they're really nice.

Comment

Wow, that thing looks great. I have absolutely no pro-level cymbals whatsoever. Boo-hoo........
                    To me, playing music is like sex. You have to be in the right mood in order to perform at your best.

Comment

awesome kit! That finish is very nice!
                      Paiste Cymbals Artist | Innovative Percussion Artist
                      jeffmeloen.com

Comment

Congrats

I recently got my concord fade VBX and love it. I was also playing a set of cb's prior to this kit, so I can appreciate how much difference there is. I ordered a 13" to go along with my 10, 12 and 16" and it will be in soon. A fully agree that they sound and play extreamly well, love the punchyness (if thats a word) even with the stock heads. Enjoy the kit man, I know I am enjoying mine. Congratulations.

cheers.
                        :) Have you seen juniors grades?

Comment

Awesome, Killer, Beautiful, Sweet Score !!!!!! Enjoy !!!!!!!!
                          Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                          22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Wow awesome love it!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful kit kev, that finish looks so good and I bet it sounds great also!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X