Help me find out what kit I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find out what kit I have

Hello fellow drum enthusiasts, I recently bought a second kit for jamming. So I can leave it a buddy’s house . This kit sounds very good after I changed the drumheads., and gave it good tuning.

Unfortunately the guy I bought the kit from had it custom painted and they didn’t keep the badges. I’m hoping the type of “high tension lugs “ will help anyone tell me the approximate year and series of pearl drums I have . Thanks
    Attached Files

Early 90's , I believe.. Export

Those lugs come apart. ..... The center piece is just a plastic connector.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the info.

Comment

They might even be mid 90's since the lugs are more rounded. Tonally those are very good shells. Back when I used Remo I ran Emperors on top and Diplomats on the bottom and those things sang. I played a lot of festivals and big clubs with house P.A.'s back in those days and those drums always got unsolicited good comments from FOH guys. They were close mic-ed for an outdoor show that was called Blues in the Park videotaped for broadcast by the local cable access channel in Tampa. We hired a separate sound company to feed sound to the cable truck. The band sounded great on the video and the Exports sounded amazing! The show ran for years.

Last edited by Ron Gerber; 04-16-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah, It seems like a Pearl, or a Ludwig. Minimum 20 years old!
          Hey drum lovers, I'm so glad to be part of this amazing community. I have a drum blog , where I write about drums and drumming, my passions!

Comment

Those are 1996-1998 Exports.
            1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
            1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
            1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
            1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
            1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black
            Roland TD-20SX
            Roland TD-30KV

Comment

Originally posted by gyorpb View Post
              Those are 1996-1998 Exports.
              That’s what I was going to say. I bought one back then new as a beater kit to bring around to various rehearsals.
              dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gerber View Post
                They might even be mid 90's since the lugs are more rounded. Tonally those are very good shells. Back when I used Remo I ran Emperors on top and Diplomats on the bottom and those things sang. I played a lot of festivals and big clubs with house P.A.'s back in those days and those drums always got unsolicited good comments from FOH guys. They were close mic-ed for an outdoor show that was called Blues in the Park videotaped for broadcast by the local cable access channel in Tampa. We hired a separate sound company to feed sound to the cable truck. The band sounded great on the video and the Exports sounded amazing! The show ran for years.

Thanks a lot for the info , I really appreciate it. The kit sounds great and I’m glad it did for you as well!

Comment

Working...
                X