No announcement yet.

What’s Going On with the PDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain “dad rock” to me? I’m guessing it’s just another pejorative term young people use to put down slightly older people who they deem “out of touch”?
    sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

• Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
      Can someone explain “dad rock” to me? I’m guessing it’s just another pejorative term young people use to put down slightly older people who they deem “out of touch”?
      It's my music. Melvin was riffling through my CD collection and put together a setlist.
      Random obscure cool group from my youth: Bad News
      My cymbal review

Comment

Can someone explain “dad rock” to me? I’m guessing it’s just another pejorative term young people use to put down slightly older people who they deem “out of touch”?
        https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dadrock
        sigpic

Comment

• As pants-on-head r******d as I thought it was.

Comment

• It is getting close to that time again. See you next week? (I am going to miss this forum)

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
            6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
            Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
            Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
            Tama Octobans

Comment

Dad rock is just an easy way to get across that we play almost nothing new. If you're not into music from 70's-80's; you'll be bored to tears at our show.
              It's only a pejorative if you wear shorts and sandals onstage too.

Comment

• Originally posted by melvinspeed View Post
                Dad rock is just an easy way to get across that we play almost nothing new. If you're not into music from 70's-80's; you'll be bored to tears at our show.
                It's only a pejorative if you wear shorts and sandals onstage too.
                Um, I wear shorts and am barefoot when I play. Where does that place me in the continuum?

Comment

• You’ve always struck me as a “crocs and socks” kind of guy…

Comment

Um, I wear shorts and am barefoot when I play. Where does that place me in the continuum?
                    Somewhere between Dad Rock Aficionado and Granola Rock Enthusiast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
                      You’ve always struck me as a “crocs and socks” kind of guy…
                      Love your new avatar Cheez!

Now, where have I seen that image before? LOL
                      Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
                      Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
                      Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
                      Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
                        You’ve always struck me as a “crocs and socks” kind of guy…
                        Would never wear such an abomination as that. And I’ve worn some stupid **** in my time.

And Cheez, your avatar does in fact, rule.

Comment

• So, the PDF just shut down for… 2 hours. And now it’s back up?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Comment

• Masani Yanagisawa giveth, and Max Iishi taketh away.

Comment

Perfectly acceptable.

On second thought, Crocs and Socks is by far, the more offensive dad rock outfit.
                              But not a bad band name... If you play dad rock.

Comment

• I think we're moving the PDF to a new server over the next few weeks or so but there is a lot of pre-IT work that needs to go on thus the down times. Thanks for your patience.
                                sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Working...
                                X