Lost Neil two years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Neil two years ago today

It seems like yesterday to me, and still very hard to believe. Lots of tributes around the web today for Neil. He made me want to be a better drummer over 50 years ago. He also gave me the love for large kits with many voices. I still tear up today as I write this. I still haven't got over his death, and maybe never will. To me he was the greatest thing to happen to drumming. His class, ability to recover from intense grief, his drumming, his kits, his books, his love for bikes all added to his greatness. Miss you Neil.

Ditto. Neil, along with Bourdain and Petty, still hurt bad.
    sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

Originally posted by sticks4drums View Post
      It seems like yesterday to me, and still very hard to believe. Lots of tributes around the web today for Neil. He made me want to be a better drummer over 50 years ago. He also gave me the love for large kits with many voices. I still tear up today as I write this. I still haven't got over his death, and maybe never will. To me he was the greatest thing to happen to drumming. His class, ability to recover from intense grief, his drumming, his kits, his books, his love for bikes all added to his greatness. Miss you Neil.
      Well said! Amen Brother! The Professor will never be forgotten among our community!

Comment

Read his book Ghost Rider after his death. It was a great read that I unfortunately didn't know about until after he'd passed.

Comment

Originally posted by HPD260 View Post
          Read his book Ghost Rider after his death. It was a great read that I unfortunately didn't know about until after he'd passed.
          Read it, and agree, incredible read! By the way, I read all Neil's books. Not just an incredible drummer but a brilliant man!

Comment

Have em all. I respect him as much as a writer and a man than as a drummer.
            sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

I always enjoyed reading his stories on his web site covering his travels from concert to concert, and just life in general.

If you haven't before, check them out.

https://neilpeart.net/archived-blog/
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drummer1956 View Post
                I always enjoyed reading his stories on his web site covering his travels from concert to concert, and just life in general.

If you haven't before, check them out.

https://neilpeart.net/archived-blog/
                Ditto....love Neil's website! Seems to be up and running again as well.

Comment

Losing Neil and EVH hit me hard. Both heroes
                  of my youth and adult years. Back in the day
                  hearing Hemispheres and Van Halen 1 were
                  magical albums for me. Still hurts very much.
                  Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
                  22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Losing Neil and EVH hit me hard. Both heroes
                    of my youth and adult years. Back in the day
                    hearing Hemispheres and Van Halen 1 were
                    magical albums for me. Still hurts very much.
                    Two of the greatest albums ever.

Comment

Still a void that over time should heal but thus far it has not. RIP professor!
                      sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Still very much miss him. Looking forward to paying tribute to him at our gig in June.
                        DrumandFly

Piano Black BLX
                        http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ighlight=Piano

Comment

I miss Neil. Other musicians recently passed away that I miss: Charlie Watts and Tom Petty.

Comment

He'll NEVER be forgotten as long as there's a written history of drumming in existence. Long live Neil Peart and Rush.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X