Visit to Pearl HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CigarScott View Post
    You'd have a blast there, especially if you have a couple free days. On top of visiting Pearl, Fork's Drum Closet is a must-stop and of coarse, the famous Prince's Hot Chicken must be visited; just plan on waiting for a good while to order and receive your food. Also, being a canuck, you got check out a Predators game there; they have a hell of a vibe there.
    Thanks for the tips! Forks has been on my list forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by StickS707 View Post
      That's suoer cool...I'm hoping to be able to stop by Pearl HQ on my way back from (near) Birmingham...I gotta pass through Nashville on the way.
      What brings you to my neck of the woods?
      Paiste Wishlist - contact me if you have any of these for sale or trade:
      Visions 5" cup chime
      Visions 14" china
      Signature Reflector 16" heavy full crash
      Signature Reflector 20" heavy full crash

Comment

What brings you to my neck of the woods?
        I work with Sean Fuller (Florida Georgia Line drummer) as his technical director for his "Faith, Goals, & Life" events...he does what is essentially a motivational events aimed at the Middle School Student, High School Student, or Young Adult, covering topics like Bullying, Smart Social Media Habits, and of course MUSIC. He will be down in Hanceville, AL doing his thing, so I'll be driving down from IL with a kit and PA.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by therocker View Post
          There's a Pearl kit at your old GC that I'm really interested in, StickS707!

Anyway, my wife and I plan to make the trip to Nashville next summer. Hopefully I'll be able to stop at Pearl headquarters. Kind of the only reason I'd like to go!
          cool...is it the red Reference, or the Decade Maple...I haven't been in GC for a while.
          sigpic

Comment

I work with Sean Fuller (Florida Georgia Line drummer) as his technical director for his "Faith, Goals, & Life" events...he does what is essentially a motivational events aimed at the Middle School Student, High School Student, or Young Adult, covering topics like Bullying, Smart Social Media Habits, and of course MUSIC. He will be down in Hanceville, AL doing his thing, so I'll be driving down from IL with a kit and PA.
            I’m guessing they’re “faith-based” motivational events?
            sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

Ah cool, if you come down to Bham, let me know. Hit up Jim n Nicks BBQ in Cullman, if you have time.
              Paiste Wishlist - contact me if you have any of these for sale or trade:
              Visions 5" cup chime
              Visions 14" china
              Signature Reflector 16" heavy full crash
              Signature Reflector 20" heavy full crash

Comment

Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	4BF3BFB5-AA2A-447F-AC73-B4753987281C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	5207476
                dalewmiller.com my kits: 1 2 3

GMS | Paiste|Evans|Kennedy Camden Auxiliary Percussion

Comment

Originally posted by Bri6366 View Post
                  That is an awesome trip!! It says a lot about Pearl and Al as well. They are one of the, if not the biggest drum manufacturers, but Al still takes the time to hang with a Pearl player passing through.
                  and on top off all that, we had a killer Thai lunch!
                  sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

cool...is it the red Reference, or the Decade Maple...I haven't been in GC for a while.

Sorry sticks, I forgot to reply. Neither, it's a used Session Select kit. Congrats on the new gig by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JY Kelly View Post
                      More "postive message"...There is a "faith" component to it, but the main thing it comes down to is believing in oneself and not letting negativity (internal or external) be a barrier to achieving results. We do mostly schools, so he only touches the "faith" very lightly (unless the school is cool with it).
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah cool, if you come down to Bham, let me know. Hit up Jim n Nicks BBQ in Cullman, if you have time.
                        will do
                        sigpic

Comment

More "postive message"...There is a "faith" component to it, but the main thing it comes down to is believing in oneself and not letting negativity (internal or external) be a barrier to achieving results. We do mostly schools, so he only touches the "faith" very lightly (unless the school is cool with it).
                          Sounds great bro. Good on you.
                          sigpicStill Way Too Much Crap

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                            Thanks for the recap of your Pearl visit. Great photos too. Frankly, the big, double-bass kit is a lot prettier than the one with you and Al.
                            Can't blame you for that, it's definitely the purdiest thing there!

Comment

Working...
                            X