Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New(ish) menber with old pics of a new kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) menber with old pics of a new kit.

Hi all,

Been a member onhere for a while but for some reason never posted anything so I needed to start all over, not a bad thing.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello with some pics of the first YAMAHA PHX to land in Australia a few years ago, amazing kit and I have added a 8" to it since.

sigpic

Gorgeous.

Comment

Cool man, first one in Oz and there probably isn't a PHX on this side of he ditch. You'll find a few fans here.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        Cool man, first one in Oz and there probably isn't a PHX on this side of he ditch. You'll find a few fans here.
        Thanks man, I know another Yamaha artist has one but they are really few and far between.

I don;t gig with it as....well......it's a special kind of kit.
        sigpic

Comment

I love the smell of new drums in the morning, welcome aboard.... great kit!

Comment

Yep, I'd beat it senseless.

Comment

That kit is fantastic. Welcome to the forum!!!
              Mapex Saturn: 8 , 10 , 12, 14, 16, 22 B 14 & 13 S
              Mapex Saturn V: 10, 12, 16, 22 B
              Drumcraft Series 8 Maple: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, B, & 14, 13, 12, & 10 S
              Drumcraft Series 7 Birch: 8, 10, 12, 14,16, (2) 22 B, & 14 S
              Yamaha Stage Custom: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22 B

Comment

Originally posted by korch View Post
                That kit is fantastic. Welcome to the forum!!!
                Thanks man, it a great place to be.

Got off my butt an cracked out the 8", for a 11 ply tom this thing really sings.

sigpic

Comment

Awesome looking drums, so much class.

Comment

wow that is one sexy kit and I bet it sounds amazing!
                    we need full spec and if I was you I woudl enter the DOTM thread!.
                    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
                    Buddy Rich

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ocdrums View Post
                      wow that is one sexy kit and I bet it sounds amazing!
                      we need full spec and if I was you I woudl enter the DOTM thread!.
                      Once I get here all set up again I will post all the specs as I knew I left something out...

DOTM thread, hook me up brother.
                      sigpic

Comment

HOLY PHOENIX

i've only heard of these drums from legend of the old world

amazing. rep

how are they eh??
                        Check out my band! : Chives
                        linktr.ee/chives.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by TVTjoey View Post
                          HOLY PHOENIX

i've only heard of these drums from legend of the old world

amazing. rep

how are they eh??
                          I know there is the odd set on here but they are few and far between....

I had pics sent through when it was launched at NAMM and I fell in love with it straight away but getting these to Australia even as a Yamaha artist wasn't easy.

The kit was ordered pre pricing, pre anything really but I knew they would be costly and since it was the first PHX ordered it took a while to come in.

Sizes that came in were 10"x7", 12"x8", 14"x13", 16"x15", and a 22x18 kick, the 8"x7" was ordered at the same time but was placed on back order due to demand and only arrived a few months ago.

The kit arrived and and the first thing I knew was it was heavy loading it in to the car, drove home and fitted some Remo Clear Emps on it and bot did it sing. Took to a studio and hammered it for hours and the first thing I noticed was it just had that sweet tone to it with little tuning needed, I have always found Yamaha to be pretty easy to tune but this kit just sings.

I am still working out the right head combos as the clear emps were nice but it really needs a thinner head, tried the Vintage Ambassadors but found the heads would rattle so I am now looking at CS batter....could be interesting.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm speechless...In a good way!
                            Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

Originally posted by scooterdavis View Post
                              I'm speechless...In a good way!
                              Thanks man, it doesn;t get used that much as it never leaves the house.

Working on my album soon so it might head back in to a studio soon......ish.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X