tama superstar vs. yamaha stage custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tama superstar vs. yamaha stage custom

my dad is working on getting another job, so in the mean time i'm trying to find a kit that suits my style, and sounds good. so which here has better hardware? i do have the opportunity to play both of them this time, so all i need to know is which is more durable.

Originally posted by TAsuperstarMA
    my dad is working on getting another job, so in the mean time i'm trying to find a kit that suits my style, and sounds good. so which here has better hardware? i do have the opportunity to play both of them this time, so all i need to know is which is more durable.
    Tama.. The yamaha hardware was flimsy from what I used
    My drum videos
    Luke Zwelsky Group
    Kelevra

Comment

How about their stage custom advantage nouveaux? at least then you get detatchable lugs and some gorgeous matte finishes

Comment

The Yamaha is the better kit IMO. The old mixed wood ones already sounded great, but these new all birch Stage Customs raised the bar. Unlike with many intermediate drums, every drum in the kit sounds great, even the stock snare drum. The new Birch SC's don't havr those plastic nouveau-style lugs anymore, just the classic Yamaha split lugs which are great. You get the same YESS mounts as on the Yamaha Oak/Maple/Birch Custom kits and the same great tom arms which are very user-friendly and sturdy. The finishes look terrific in person; the internet pics don't do them justice.

And if you're talking about cymbal stands etc.. I think the Yamaha 700 series single-branced hardware is terrific. It's just as sturdy as any medium-duty double-braced hardware. All you have to do is set it up properly and it'll work. The gearless snare stand is a big plus, I love mine and my CS745 stands.

Comment

i might be getting the yammies from what i've read so far. plus they sell add on drums at gc's online store, so it does seem like a better deal(i wanted the hyperdrive superstar model, not the regular sizes)

Comment

I owned the superstars. They were cool. I sold them because I needed money, now I'm slowly saving for a stage custom.. because they have the sizes I want. My tastes aren't super discriminating when it comes to sound tbh, but I know they're quality drums that are miles ahead of what I'm using now.
            "Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list."

Comment

Working...
            X