To all iron cobra hp900ptw users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all iron cobra hp900ptw users

i just got one a few weeks back. ive been adjusting this and altering that,but still find my slave beater comes to a stop sooner than the master. MASTER. MASSTUUR!

the tension on both springs is pretty much the same and the beater angles are the same too.whats causing my pedal to act gimpy?

answers on a postcard
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Sorry Tony, I just got the orders for my next invasion... looks like its your house!:eek:

could it be a gimpy left leg, just giving you a hard time bro

Comment

I can't help but I thought I would just say I like the reference to MOP.

Comment

could it be maybe your right pedal spring is broke in a little more than the left, its hard to say without looking at it, havent had any problems with mine. but i think the slave will always feel a little different. maybe try loosening(SIC) the right pedal spring and see what that does

Comment

My yamaha double pedal does that too...I think double pedal technology just doesn't allow both to have the exact same feel yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brandrum
            could it be maybe your right pedal spring is broke in a little more than the left, its hard to say without looking at it, havent had any problems with mine.
            This is the same conclusion I came to. I don't have a double pedal, but 2 seperates and had the same problem.
            I just switched mine left for right, and it seems to be fixed for the most part.

As you can't switch the pedals, try alternating the springs every so often, to keep even wear on the springs.

I would keep them adjusted as close as posible to each other though.(maybe that's just me)
            Last edited by LessisNevermore; 02-03-2003, 06:19 PM.
            Builder of Euphonic Custom Drums

Comment

I have a twin powerglide too, and i'm experiencing the same thing. I'm starting to get used to it actually. Anything to help would be good though.
              hmm....

Comment

I think Pearl would probably appreciate this...
                Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that you didn't buy a Pearl Eliminator double pedal!
                "I want you to boogie my woogie 'til my face turns cherry red."
                ~Rose Marie McCoy's song "Cherry Red"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF97EEaXsyc

Comment

Originally posted by Ron "The Sledge"
                  I think Pearl would probably appreciate this...
                  Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that you didn't buy a Pearl Eliminator double pedal!

Comment

Huh?

Comment

LOL He's sayin' "you got a little something on your nose"

Comment

Better that than if he was sayin' I was goin' for the front!!!

Comment

Ha ha, Only he knows for sure!

Comment

It's simply because there are more bearings that the left pedal has to transfer its power through before it gets to the beater, and hence, more friction. All double pedals will always do this until they invent 100% friction free pedals, which modern physics deems pretty much impossible.

Maybe one day they will have all shafts floating in a magnetic field? lol. That still wouldn't be 100% friction free, but it would be a lot closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattz280
                              It's simply because there are more bearings that the left pedal has to transfer its power through before it gets to the beater, and hence, more friction. All double pedals will always do this until they invent 100% friction free pedals, which modern physics deems pretty much impossible.

Maybe one day they will have all shafts floating in a magnetic field? lol. That still wouldn't be 100% friction free, but it would be a lot closer.
                              Good theory, but...... In my post, I said I use 2 singles- and have had the same condition. I do agree that there could be more drag (friction), or weight from the extra linkage.

Comment

Working...
                              X