SlipKnot DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlipKnot DVD

Ive been thinking about getting this dvd for the soul reason just to watch joey play. im not a huge fan of them but i can stand the music. is if worth the money?

The dvd is incredible to say the least. It has 2 discs, the first is the entire concert. The second disc has the option of multiple angle, but not of the entire concert(only of select songs). Also during the concert he does an awesome solo as well.
    “Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.”

-Sartre

Comment

You already know what i am going to say.

It is a great DVD set even if you dont like the music. There stage show is awesome and really well done. As mentioned, on disc 2 you can select "Multi Angle" and select what camera angle you want to see. If you select camera angle 6 you can watch Joey play all of "Disasterpiece". Very impressive. I was kind of dissapointed at how they are constantly changing angles during the show, but its still a good DVD.
      FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
      http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

Comment

Re: SlipKnot DVD

Originally posted by DeadJotun
        Ive been thinking about getting this dvd for the soul reason just to watch joey play. im not a huge fan of them but i can stand the music. is if worth the money?
        Join the club. I bought it for the reason. I don't even like Slpiknot (well, I don't actively listen to them anyways), but I was quite impressed with the live performance.

"When life gives you llamas, make llamanade!"

http://mox.proboards9.com

:D

Comment

It's not too bad, definitely worth a watching.
          U.S. Army Bands - Serving the Nation through Music

I'm trying to drink away the the part of the day that I cannot sleep away - Modest Mouse

Comment

the dvd is the shiznit! im not as huge a slipknot fan as i used to be, but on hearing there was a rotating drum riser i got it straight away. the 'joey cam' on a few of the songs is amazing.
            Originally posted by DeepThought
            Sorry Tony, I just got the orders for my next invasion... looks like its your house!:eek:

Comment

I still don't know what the VIP option does on disc 1.

Comment

it just shows you backstage stuff during the set.
                the one during joe's solo shows the drumtech dude operating his revolving kit

gnaaarl
                Sorry Tony, I just got the orders for my next invasion... looks like its your house!:eek:

Comment

Nah that's a regular part of the 'concert performance', it'll show a few songs then show some backstage stuff etc.

When you select VIP, it says something about subtitles off.

Comment

Nope. If you don't turn the vip on you can't see backstage stuff during the set. When "VIP" text appears to the screen and you press it you can see what happens behind the stage.
                    I'm not sure though..

But someone correct this if I'm wrong? Slipknot1?

What that subtitles off means?!
                    One time when I was watching it I did something and the lyrics came to screen...? is that "VIP" thing too?
                    Should I spit or swallow..
                    tell me my friend, my shadow

Comment

I dont know myself. Having seen them play live almost nightly for 6 months i dont really have any need to watch it on DVD.

Comment

no i dont mean just the regular footage of the band setting up or wahtever, when the vip thing comes on there is footage of the band sitting off waiting for joe to finish his solo and other stuff.
                        i think the vip option appears 2 or 3 times during the whole set.
                        you cant have subtitles enabled if you want the vip option on,but who gives a **** about subtitles?

buy the dvd if you havent already!

Comment

Ok, i just called someone who had the answer. Select the "VIP" option and then watch the whole show or whatever section you want. While you are watching, anytime you see "VIP" in red letters on the right of the screen, press "Play" and it will take you to the special footage. By the way, if you chose VIP during Joey's drum solo, the person you see operating the drum riser is NOT Joey's drum tech, that is the stage manager. And if he looks very familiar, thats because he is also the bass player in StoneSour. Once StoneSour was shelved for Slipknot, they hired him to be stage manager. Just a random fact.

Comment

I have been wanting to get it, now that we have a DVD player (my family is behind the times) I can finally get it! WOOHOO!
                            I wish that one thing came back from 80's metal: the ability for rock to change the physical properties of things. Like they could go up to a Geo Metro and go 'squibbily blabbily boo' and you have a sleek Lambourgini. Thanks, Night Ranger!

Comment

i thought id seen that bald dude somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X