REMO heads only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMO heads only

Hi guys,I'm very new here and I'm very new in drummers world too. I just got my pearl forum series last week and here is my set up. Snare 14x5.5, Toms 10x8, 12x9, 13x10 and Floor Toms 14x14, 16x16 and my bass is 22x18. All my cymbals are Zildjian ZBT series 14" hihats, 16" and 18" crash, 20" ride, 10" splash and 16" china. The heads is: Snare Coated Remo Emperor X and Clear Remo Emperor reso. The Toms are Coated Remo Pinstripe on tops and Remo clear Ambassadors on bottoms. Now the bass I dont know what kind of skin I need to get for batter and for the reso. Please make a suggestions. And please let me know if my skin choice for my set up is ok. I only use REMO skins.Thank in advance>

Why only use Remo heads??

For the bass drum I would recommend a Powerstroke Pro, either coated or clear.
    Originally posted by dexplosion
    Soon, there will be no drummers, only a guy standing in the background clapping.

Comment

^with a smooth white powerstroke 3 reso. That combo gives me a cannon that shakes the whole house.

Comment

I just like ReMO for uniformity LoL. I heard about the powerstroke 3 and may said it is really great bass skin. So I will put powerstroke 3 coated on batter and powerstroke 3 clear on reso. How about my set up? Do you think it is complete enough? Do I need more toms or cymbals?

Comment

Originally posted by perlas of Calgary
          I just like ReMO for uniformity LoL. I heard about the powerstroke 3 and may said it is really great bass skin. So I will put powerstroke 3 coated on batter and powerstroke 3 clear on reso. How about my set up? Do you think it is complete enough? Do I need more toms or cymbals?
          Any particular reason you're going with a clear reso on your bass? I see people do this and it's fine; if that's what you want, but I prefer a smooth white reso. As far as your kit being complete, that really would be up to you. I'd say your next step; if you're really serious about drumming, would be to ditch those ZBT's and get some pro quality cymbals. Happy drumming!
          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/reallyreallybigmanal

Comment

No particular reason why I will use clear Remo for reso. Ok I will get the smooth one for reso and pearl logo to put on. How about my snare and toms? Do you think I put a good combo heads?

Comment

X2 for the Powerstroke Pro. Not sure about a snare side Emperor though.
              Here is a pic of my kick with the P Pro. I am running a non ported smooth
              white Powerstroke 3 reso also. The Pinstripes should be ok for those shells.
              Can't go wrong with clear Pins or Emperors for the toms either. My 2 cents.
              Anyway Welcome to the Forum !! This place will have lots of info for you.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Eric; 12-01-2012, 02:37 AM.
              Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
              22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Sounds like you made some good choices. Might want to go for a thinner snare resonanant though; maybe and ambassador snare. I just got a PS3 ebony reso for my kick-I still need to put it on though. Welcome to the forum!
                Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

Comment

Personally I prefer Remo Pinstripe on the kick drum too, but that's probably only because I'm more used to it than other heads I've tried. With Christmas coming up maybe you could ask for a couple of different ones as gifts and try 2 or 3 out and find out which sound you prefer?
                  In terms of your set being complete enough, it depends what you want. If you find yourself not having enough sounds out of your cymbals, or not enough drums to use for fills then probably not, however if the amount you have is fine, you're probably better off saving for better quality rather than more stuff, like replacing the ZBT's with A's or K's or whatever if you prefer Zildjian.
                  Selling:
                  Tama Artwood Black 13x6.5" Snare

PM me - UK

Comment

I've tried an emperor snare side before it's not bad actually. It's still a single ply just a bit thicker. It is 5mil, where as the ambassador is a 3mil.

Comment

I always get a great sound with Powerstroke 3 batter. Maybe once it didn't sound good, and that was because it was on there for 10 years or so, it lost its tone. 10 years you say?? Yes, the drum sets on the cruise ships can EASILY go 10 years with the same heads on them if they don't break.

For Reso, I prefer Ebony with a Bass drum O 4" hole. Muffling strips on batter and reso (usually reso first then batter if it rings too long)
                      I'm feeling kinda "rebellious" and might get a Fiberskyn Reso!!! Oh I'm a rebel all right!
                      Yamaha: LC2014-TC1986
                      Gretsch: Renown Walnut 10-12-14-20
                      Mapex: Meridian Maple 12-14-18
                      Rogers: 13-16-22
                      Yamaha, Tama, snares
                      Zildjian, Sabian cyms, VF Sticks

Comment

Originally posted by WKTDDrummer
                        I've tried an emperor snare side before it's not bad actually. It's still a single ply just a bit thicker. It is 5mil, where as the ambassador is a 3mil.
                        Emperor as a batter sounds fabulous on most drums. A great snare head. You'd need a ambassador hazy head tho as the reso. That head is thinner. If its thick the snare doesn't sound right.
                        sigpic
                        Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos

Comment

Originally posted by JckCustom

Emperor as a batter sounds fabulous on most drums. A great snare head. You'd need a ambassador hazy head tho as the reso. That head is thinner. If its thick the snare doesn't sound right.
                          Ok I will change the snare reso to ambassador. To make it nicer sound. Thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_read92
                            Personally I prefer Remo Pinstripe on the kick drum too, but that's probably only because I'm more used to it than other heads I've tried. With Christmas coming up maybe you could ask for a couple of different ones as gifts and try 2 or 3 out and find out which sound you prefer?
                            In terms of your set being complete enough, it depends what you want. If you find yourself not having enough sounds out of your cymbals, or not enough drums to use for fills then probably not, however if the amount you have is fine, you're probably better off saving for better quality rather than more stuff, like replacing the ZBT's with A's or K's or whatever if you prefer Zildjian.
                            Yes thank you that is my plan too. By next year I will change all my cymbals to much higher end series. I like the A's.

Comment

Originally posted by JckCustom

The Emperor snare side head is NOT the same as an Emperor batter head. The snare side version is still pretty thin. If you've ever used one you would understand what I'm talking about. You don't NEED an Ambassador as a reso, it is a good choice though.

Comment

Working...
                              X