Moved my 8 pc forum kit around a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved my 8 pc forum kit around a bit

I was doing some garage work and got a wild hair to move my kit all around........ to try to tighten everything up. I have only played it for 10 min or so since i changed everything. But I really like the way everything feels so far. Let me know what ya think!!!
    Attached Files

so, how do you play it? O_o
    R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan
    |CRUSH|ZILDJIAN|SABIAN|EVANS|PROMARK|

Comment

Interesting tom layout.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
      8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Originally posted by Mike Foreman
      Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

Comment

That actually looks very sweet! Unique idea, it reminds me of how a lot of people set the roto toms up or octobans and concert toms.
        sigpic
        MASTERS ARMY

Comment

Other than the fact that there's one cymbal that looks impossible to hit behind your second tom, it actually looks like it'd be alright to play, despite the very unusual tom placement. If the hats, kick and snare are comfy and you can hit everything ok, power to you
          Selling:
          Tama Artwood Black 13x6.5" Snare

PM me - UK

Comment

Originally posted by tay7x View Post
            so, how do you play it? O_o
            With my sticks, fingers, hands, arms, legs, and feet

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_read92 View Post
              Other than the fact that there's one cymbal that looks impossible to hit behind your second tom, it actually looks like it'd be alright to play, despite the very unusual tom placement. If the hats, kick and snare are comfy and you can hit everything ok, power to you
              The 6 in splash is rough right there.... I wanted to try to keep all the splashes together.... but it didnt work out with this setup. I havent decided final placement of the splashes!!!!! But the kicks and toms are there to stay for awhile I love having those three toms grouped together(since i use those toms the most), and it really worked out with the angles of the toms...I can hit one tom and it will rebound in the direction of the other toms. maybe im crazy but it kinda seemed that way,LOL.
              I am still goin to play around with the splashes and I might add another snare on my left......I figure I have a 60's Whitehall 14" snare just setting around... I might as well use it

Comment

How tall are you? I am a little over 6 foot and I do not think I could comfortably reach that second tom, interesting set up for sure though.
                SJC Custom Drums KitKeller Maple KitPearl Forum Kit

Comment

Originally posted by scotturban54 View Post
                  How tall are you? I am a little over 6 foot and I do not think I could comfortably reach that second tom, interesting set up for sure though.
                  I'm 6 ft. It is an optical illusion. its about the same distance away as my splashes. I set down on the kit yesterday for an hour and went hog wild!!!! I love this setup.... I wish I would of tightened it all up and brought everything father into the center a LONG TIME AGO>>>

Comment

Kind of like an Ian Paice thing. Looks cool!

Comment

This is one of those "to each his own" set ups.
                      SJC Custom Drums KitKeller Maple KitPearl Forum Kit

Comment

My 6" & 8"splash are set in the exact set up!

Comment

Working...
                        X