This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Easier to mic your kick drum with the port.
    The port will affect your beater rebound.
    I will probably never use a mic so I’m just considering switching to the pearl logo one, I guess it will just lower the bass drum sound a little. I have the EXX 10, 12, 14, 16, 22

Comment

• Originally posted by NO DRUMS View Post
      I will probably never use a mic so I’m just considering switching to the pearl logo one, I guess it will just lower the bass drum sound a little. I have the EXX 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
      If you bury the beater when you play bass drum, you'll want it ported, most likely. Even if you never mic it.

It also changes the sound which you may find more to your liking.

It sucks to experiment with drum heads, they're expensive. But the more you play, the more you'll get into how to nuance the sound and feel of your kit to your liking.

Comment

• I wasn’t experimenting, I was going by the look
        Last edited by NO DRUMS; 05-15-2020, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NO DRUMS View Post
          I wasn’t experimenting, I was going by the look
          But I must say that it has a more low end bass punch to it without the hole in the resonator. The good thing is I prefer the lower bass.

Comment

• The EX IS NOW THE EXX BUT STILL HAS THE SAME SPEC

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris309 View Post
              5) Q: But aren't Exports just cheap beginner drums?

No. Although when first introduced two decades ago they were intended to be entry level drums, they have RADICALLY evolved since then. Today's Exports feature top notch hardware, shells made using the same process that Pearl uses to make Masterworks shells, a much better choice of wood with 100% poplar and a generous amount of add-ons packs and component drums available. Every piece of hardware on the Exports was once standard equipment on Pearl's top of the line drums. In time, all of Pearl's innovations and improvements trickle down to the Exports. Aside from the poplar shells not being as top-notch as good maple or good birch, everything else about today's Exports is actually better than the Masters of just 15 years ago.
              I couldn't agree more! I'm a big fan of Exports with pictures to come in the near future.

Comment

Working...
              X