Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That affordable Pearl maple Modern Utility snare drum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That affordable Pearl maple Modern Utility snare drum.

Got my new Modern Utility snare this weekend...nothing less than good news to report. As advised, I changed the batter side head out from the stock Pearl/Remo to an Evans Genera dry G2, tightened both sides 1 1/4 turn on all lugs, and it was ready to play.
    It’s a tight responsive drum, and a considerable upgrade from the poplar stock snare that came with the set. I got the 8x14 version, and am so pleased with the sound....finding clearer ghost notes, better non dominant hand response.
    I couldn’t be happier!
    Peace y’all.

Glad your enjoying it.

I got the 12x7 model for my bop kit and while I don't play it too often, so far, its working out great.

Comment

Cool. Post some pics pretty please.
      Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
      22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare.sigpic Why not ...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7880D718-D132-4B95-AB31-AD427EDD481E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	5211318
        The new snare. Coming changes: new black Evans coated hydraulic head, and S-hoops.

Comment

I have the 8x14 8-lug snare and had it wrapped to match a Gretsch kit I had. I even added die cast hoops to it. I did a side-by-side comparison with a 8x14 Gretsch USA and when tuned down low, I really couldn't tell the difference. So I sold the Gretsch! I use this Utility snare as my Don Henley snare.
          Matt 'Bo' Eder
          Pearl Artist - Pearl Masters BCX drums in golden bronze glitter

Comment

Nice. I was completely amazed at how evenly this drum tuned right outta the box, how well it responds to various volume requests from me. Compared to the 6.5” poplar, it’s a whole new world for me. It’s the same feeling I got when I upgraded my cymbals from the Pearl starters and the Zildjiian ZBT’s I was using, and bought my Sabian Paragons.
            I was never a drummer for any band anywhere, but I’ve been in a bunch of bands and. I know what I wanna hear. As I study drums, I’m finding out the same thing I did with my guitars: good equipment inspires better and longer practice.
            All that said, I love the snare.
            Now.......Help me figure out what to do with the old 6.5”.
            Peace.

Comment

Pearl doesn't know how to make a bad drum.

Years ago I replaced all my fancy, expensive Yamaha snares with a small collection of Pearl Sensitones. I couldn't be happier... unless I had MORE sensitones!

Comment

I had the 6.5 x 14 briefly, I went through a flurry of buying and trading equipment (GAS) which has evened out now. I did an A/B comparison with a Ludwig Classic Maple and there was hardly a difference. These are really fantastic and may acquire the 5.5 x 14 in the future. For anyone on the fence out there, pull the trigger on these amazing snares!

Comment

Working...
                X