Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just played the new Exports at Guitar Center. Loved the sound! The kick had great punch and a well rounded tone. The Optilock is rock solid and the Demonator was sweet too. They had them in two exclusive wraps....Black Cherry Glitter and Aqua Sky Glitter.

Winner!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130513_113306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	5169843

Name:	ForumRunner_20130513_113327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	5169844
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

Comment

That Black Cherry Glitter looks amazing! Glad to hear that they sound great too! Exports just rock! There is no other way to say it!

Comment

This is awesome news! Way to go Pearl!!! Gonna try to sit behind one this weekend.
        MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
        CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by pearlygates View Post
          This is awesome news! Way to go Pearl!!! Gonna try to sit behind one this weekend.

I would like to hear more reviews of how these new bad boys Export series sound. I was tempted several years ago to get me a set, glad I waited

Comment

As of this post.. still haven't had a chance to test drive the EXX. From the couple of videos with that coop3r kid playing, I wasn't real impressed with the overall tone.. I remember my old EXR just rattling rafters! I don't want to pre judge this new inception..Better check em out in person me thinks. Interesting nonetheless. Being as frugal as I am, the price is right Bob ; )
            MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

^coop used 'drum o-rings' in his video's - why? I have no idea. The natural sound of the exports project well and with the blended poplar/mahogany shells has a nice natural warmth and good fundamental lows while not loosing the highs and mid pitch.
              sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
                ^coop used 'drum o-rings' in his video's - why? I have no idea. The natural sound of the exports project well and with the blended poplar/mahogany shells has a nice natural warmth and good fundamental lows while not loosing the highs and mid pitch.
                okay...but how do they sound? LOL.. seriously. Thanks Al.. ima head down to the LMS and give em a whirl soon.
                MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

We have one here re-headed with Remo 1-ply white coated ambassadors and they sound great!
                  sigpic

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

Comment

Originally posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
                    We have one here re-headed with Remo 1-ply white coated ambassadors and they sound great!
                    I all but assumed that the kid in the video promo series campaign thing muffled the life out of those things.
                    If my experience owning and playing Pearl has taught me anything, it would be that they are among the best mass produced drums in the industry and that being said.. it is my opinion that Pearl don't do cheap/ inferior. One series may sound good to player "A" and not to player "B" but I think that in the case of the kid with the 3 as an E in his last name ( no disrespect, he was chosen for a reason ) Cooper is it? Good player BTW.. That maynot have been the best representation of how these drums perform...i hope - just my humble opinion.
                    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

Comment

Name:	F0027F2D-4E44-446B-8EE3-DDF2DE1601AD.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	5215592

Comment

Working...
                      X